Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parks Highway streams

Default Parks Highway streams

Many of the Parks streams water levels have come down and are steady, according to the "fish head" app on my phone. Wondering if anyone has seen them with their own eyes and can give a little insight as to water clarity . Thanks in advance!

My thoughts exactly! I'm going through withdrawals.

I looked yesterday. Willow and most all the others are still dirty but coming down nicely. Hint if your willing to burn gas there is clear water to fish.

Quote Originally Posted by DannerAK View Post
    Many of the Parks streams water levels have come down and are steady, according to the "fish head" app on my phone. Wondering if anyone has seen them with their own eyes and can give a little insight as to water clarity . Thanks in advance!
    not sure about parks hwy streams, i am guessing they have come way down though,.. i was out along the matanuska river today and it has come way way down from last weekend and i did notice a pocket/pool of water created by the flood with a school of about 20 or so silvers stranded and spawning in very shallow water

I'm going to burn gas tomorrow and find out. I will post an update.

Water is higher than normal, but still fishable. A little murky. No fish for me today.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaveman View Post
    Water is higher than normal, but still fishable. A little murky. No fish for me today.
    Thanks for the update.

I wish I would have better information to report. It should only get better with the cooler temps

Went to Montana Creek today. The water level and clarity were perfect!!! Crystal clear and running about normal, maybe even alittle low. The only problem is i got skunked...... was only there for a couple hours and even though we didnt catch anything it was a great morning on the water...

I fished a smaller parks stream last saturday. Water was a little high and clouded, but not bad. We caught only 2 rainbows, both on beads. We threw the kitchen sink and were surprised to only get bites on beads.

hopefully i get out on friday to hit my honey holes...is the water back to normal for this time of year? any ice in the mornings yet?
    hook, line, sinker, done.

They're high again, but coming back down. Still above freezing at night, but its day to day.

Water should be dropping here soon but much higher than 'normal' October flows and will probably stay that way through freeze up. Minimal precip in the forecast through early next week and nighttime temps should get down into low thirties high twenties by Friday with a bit of ice. Moving into a wintery storm track, arctic air is a coming, bows should be gorging hard.

went around today and the water is still way high for october standards...looks at about normal summer heights or maybe even a tad bit higher
    hook, line, sinker, done.

I floated today, water is high, top of the banks in some places, and the river has shifted in many places (willow), water clarity is poor, like less then a foot, you can see the sediment in the water it was pretty bad not to mention the temps will no doubt make a.m. fishing a challenge from now on. Oh and if you plan on floating to the mouth, the down stream pull out has a tree in the way, use the slough.

Anyone had their feet in the water up there this week?
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

I fished upper willow on saturday. Water was high, but clear. NO FISH. Casted for grayling with nymphs, ESLs, wooly buggers, you name it. nothing! I think the fish have moved out. I am hoping for someone to tell me Im wrong though.

Upper? Its almost November! Fish drop mid to end of September...

Hit it a couple spots today, very icy. My next trip will be spring time...

Anybody been out to any of the Parks streams recently? Noticed the Willow was starting to open up at the highway a few weeks back but the Willow Road was blocked with snow after the Deshka turnoff so I couldn't drive down to look at the mouth. I am fiending a bit!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast