Thread: Who's getting excited??!!

Default Who's getting excited??!!

Snow is starting to hit the peaks around Anchorage. I'm sure it's starting to stack up in Hatcher's and Turnagain. Won't be long now. I'm pretty heavy into hunting mode right now, but I'll be ready to switch gears soon enough. Let's see if we can turn some of this rain into some early turns, no? -Gr
    My signature is awesome.

So completely excited! I was just showing my students a few of my skiing pictures from past seasons a few days ago. It's fun introducing them to the idea of backcountry skiing - they were completely mesmerized by the idea that you could ski up the mountain.

I'm firmly in the hunting mode until October 15th (or until my wife connects on a goat), but thereafter...let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Default Who's getting excited??!!

Snow almost nonexistent in HP, but it looks like the chugach has been dusted pretty good the last few days.

A few years ago we had skiable snow by sep 15 at and above independence mine, and I was chasing brown ptarmies on skis. I have this sickly feeling the ENSO is going to be bringing a lot of thaws and rain this winter, but hopefully I'm wrong. Based on the recent warmth though, it's difficult to not be suspicious, though should cool down substantially by this weekend. If last years snow became the new norm as it was in the early 80s (30 years ago exactly if you follow the PDO mojo) then things are going to be just swell. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by andweav View Post
    Snow almost nonexistent in HP, but it looks like the chugach has been dusted pretty good the last few days.

A few years ago we had skiable snow by sep 15 at and above independence mine, and I was chasing brown ptarmies on skis. I have this sickly feeling the ENSO is going to be bringing a lot of thaws and rain this winter, but hopefully I'm wrong. Based on the recent warmth though, it's difficult to not be suspicious, though should cool down substantially by this weekend. If last years snow became the new norm as it was in the early 80s (30 years ago exactly if you follow the PDO mojo) then things are going to be just swell. Time will tell.
    Friend of mine posted some pictures just yesterday at the peak of one of the mountains in HP and there was a good 6-10 inches of snow, not sure how far back in she was though.