Thread: Simple 50hp Jet for Interior Alaska

Default Simple 50hp Jet for Interior Alaska

I'm looking to buy a simple 50HP jet for interior waters. I would like to run the Chatanika, up the Teklanika, maybe to Kantishna, etc.

I would like to buy a 16' boat. Don't know what might work best for widths? 1652? I want a capable little boat for me and another guy.

Also want a tunnel hull for the jet, but do I don't know if I want/need a semi V or just do I flat bottom. What are the advantages of Semi V vs flat bottom? Budget is limited, but I'm buying new.

What brands do you guys recommend? Alweld? G3? I would like an affordable boat, but also well built.

B.C. Can

I recommend you choose a longer boat. I know you spec'd 16' loa, but length is paramount with a (relatively) underpowered jet boat. The additional weight will be more than offset by the longer boat's ability to step the load. I have a 20' x 60" bottom (.188 thick) jon that will step two guys and a 4x4 quad at only 13kts. Top speed is a pitiful 22kts but I've got time, lol. By myself with 18gallons of gas I can plane at about 9kts and top out around 28. This is with the Merc 40hp jet.

North Pole

Default Simple 50hp Jet for Interior Alaska

I've got an 18' semi-V with a 65 jet for sale due to a upcoming move. If you're interested let me know. Don't think I can receive PMs just yet, but I'd you post back and interested I'll drop my email.