Thread: Palmer Shooting Range Question

Default Palmer Shooting Range Question

Has anyone been to the Matanuska Sportmans Range in Palmer. Winters coming and I don't want to be out in the cold target shooting. If you've been there, how is the staff? Is it hard to get a lane there or is there a wait to get one? Thanks👍

Staff is nice. I think they are all volunteers. Would suggest that you call and find out the hours they are open. Frankly I would rather do my sight-in work in the cold since the winter hunts will be in the cold and I like to know what my rifle does at the low temps. Also I guess you know that the indoor range is restricted to handguns and not all handguns or all handgun loads.

Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

The indoor range is not restricted to only handguns, rifles of certain calibers are shot inside however I'd check with one of the range officers on allowable calibers.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    The indoor range is not restricted to only handguns, rifles of certain calibers are shot inside however I'd check with one of the range officers on allowable calibers.
    That’s true, I was shooting Smitty’s 7mmMag there last night but with reduced power lead boolit gallery loads. Had a blast and came home with more dimes than I took, thanks Smitty.

The general rule however is handguns and rifles in handgun calibers though there are caveats like no 454, 460, 500 hand cannon type stuff. The backstop is a normal handgun backstop meant for average 9mm, 45acp, 357, 44 type handguns, its not intended to be hammered by bigger stuff so common sense should give ya an idea on what they don‘t allow.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Thanks for the info guys👍I'd only be shooting a couple of 9mm's and a few .22lr's which I see on their website that they have .22lr Mondays. how long generally is the wait time to get a lane when its busy?

I've never waited.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed