Thread: Zeiss Conquest HD Binoculars 10x42

Default Zeiss Conquest HD Binoculars 10x42

Anyone have or used these?
    What did you think?

Regular price is 999.00 (can get them for 825.00 today only).

The other option I was considering is the Cabela's euro HD - priced at 999.00 (I can get these for 925.00 today only). These are 6 ounces heavier than Zeiss which seems like a considerable amount?

Not considering any others - going to look through both this afternoon.
    Plan to use them on a spring bear hunt in unit 13 or kodiak island.

Thanks!

They are made by Zeiss so I doubt you can go wrong with them. Cameraland NY has demo units for a little less, I have never been able to tell that the demos I have bought were ever taken out of the packages and they come with the same warranty.

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/z...onquesthd10x42

I've not used that exact model, but I've picked up a couple of the newer Zeiss products recently and been well pleased.

I think between the two the Zeiss is an easy pick.

As bronco states- Cameraland demos are a fantastic deal, both mine were demos and looked new.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Too bad you couldn't go somewhere and put the zeiss up against the vortex. I am just IMPRESSED with the vortex optics.

Just got back from Cabela's. I called before going and they assured me they had the Ziess and euro HD in stock. I get there and they didn't have the Euro HD at all and only had the Ziess Conquest on display. The optics guy tried to sell me the vortex - i didn't even ask to see them and he had them out telling me to try them out because he loved his. I'll admit, they were very light and to my untrained eye were close to as good as the Ziess, but I could tell a difference. I did look through the Cabela's euro (non-HD) and would put them about the same as the Vortex only a lot heavier. I was able to order the Ziess from a store in Michigan and still get the same price. They should be at my house in a few days. Thanks to those that responded. The most expensive item on my Alaskan bear hunt check list - checked.

Quote Originally Posted by fly_ View Post
    The most expensive item on my Alaskan bear hunt check list - checked.
    If thats the most expensive item I take it you didn't pick up a spotting scope?

.....and you are hiking in, not flying, and you are shooting a production rifle, and you won't be getting any taxidermy done and - -

......it sure is expensive to hunt up here.

Why is it that a 7 foot griz costs 1550.00 to rug and a 7 foot black bear costs 875.00 to rug? I know the answer, but don't like it any.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    Why is it that a 7 foot griz costs 1550.00 to rug and a 7 foot black bear costs 875.00 to rug? I know the answer, but don't like it any.
    Yeah I hate that part as well. One more reason why I haven't shot a 7 foot grizzly, its not that much more to get a 10 footer rugged out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    .....and you are hiking in, not flying, and you are shooting a production rifle, and you won't be getting any taxidermy done and - -

......it sure is expensive to hunt up here.

Isn't it because the head is that much bigger??

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Yeah I hate that part as well. One more reason why I haven't shot a 7 foot grizzly, its not that much more to get a 10 footer rugged out.
    That's your reason for holding out? GAY!

Quote Originally Posted by northway View Post
    That's your reason for holding out? GAY!
    Touche fine Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    If thats the most expensive item I take it you didn't pick up a spotting scope?
    broncoformudv, I was thinking my guide would have a spotting scope and that one would be sufficient - am I thinking wrong? I don't want to use names on here, not sure how he'd feel about that, but I met him (my potential guide - nothing on paper yet) on these forums through the help of all the great members. The flight into the area is included in the hunt price so I wasn't counting that for the list of items I needed to purchase before heading up there. I have had a Remington 300 ultra mag for about 10 years now with a nice scope so I'm good there. If I'm fortunate enough to harvest a bear I'll get a full mount which will cost about 4 thousand. The taxidermy work I include as part of the trip - like the flight there. I was just referring to items I needed to purchase to take up there with me, stuff not included in the amount I need to save for in my bank account.

Quote Originally Posted by fly_ View Post
    broncoformudv, I was thinking my guide would have a spotting scope and that one would be sufficient - am I thinking wrong? I don't want to use names on here, not sure how he'd feel about that, but I met him (my potential guide - nothing on paper yet) on these forums through the help of all the great members. The flight into the area is included in the hunt price so I wasn't counting that for the list of items I needed to purchase before heading up there. I have had a Remington 300 ultra mag for about 10 years now with a nice scope so I'm good there. If I'm fortunate enough to harvest a bear I'll get a full mount which will cost about 4 thousand. The taxidermy work I include as part of the trip - like the flight there. I was just referring to items I needed to purchase to take up there with me, stuff not included in the amount I need to save for in my bank account.
    It sounds like you have spent your time figuring everything out and have a good plan set in motion. I like having a spotter but I have never used a guide. I have been on hunts with only one spotter and on other hunts with multiple. Going to Kodiak you stand a good chance of being in an excellent spotting location that might benefit from having two guys each using a spotter and binos. Before spending the money I would talk to my guide as he would know the area better and more than likely has a good idea of where you two will be glassing from.