Thread: float hunt?

Default float hunt?

is there anywhere that you can do a float hunt with out having to do a fly in?

Default float hunt?

There are a few places out there that run road to road. I'd start with the Alaska Atlas Map book.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Get Mr. Strahans book, float hunting alaskas wild rivers. It is invaluable. I have it and have done a few road to road floats. Mr Strahand points out a few floats that are exactly what you are asking about in his book.

Beyond that look at the forty mile, gulkana, little sue or birch creek. You will find as I did road to road = others. Not nearly as many as on the road system but way more than a fly in. It also means property lines. If you dont find what your looking for let me know.

Oh and another option is to pack in and float out. Not my hting as my raft is a little over 170 lbs with the frame but, lots of folks are useing pack rafts and shoe leather.

Matanuska River would be a pretty simple one.