Thread: Extra Tuffs

Default Extra Tuffs

Does anybody know of a vendor that has Made in USA Extra Tuffs available? I don't want Made in China

I know that B&J's had some...in some very large sizes (13 and 14 etc)...

I will say that they (B&J's) were in the know that XtraTufs acknowledged the glue/seal issues and have recalled the ones from the stores and replaced them with ones that supposedly have the good stuff in them.

I won't be the first to test them as my current set has at least 2 more years left on them.
    When all else fails...ask your old-man.

AKArcher

I got my first ever pair this year, only to discover two weeks later that they were now made in China. Really bad timing on my part. FWIW, I wore mine a lot this summer and have had no issues, other than a kind of greasy feeling exterior rubber.

Geez, I totally side-tracked myself and posted that with no answer at all....lol.

You might want to call around to some of the coastal town shops, Valdez, Homer, Seward, etc. Often at the end of the year they are looking to move inventory and they may have some of the older ones in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by akpolaris View Post
    Does anybody know of a vendor that has Made in USA Extra Tuffs available? I don't want Made in China
    AIH sells extra tuffs.. but if I were going to buy another pair right now, I'd look at the fine print on each box to see where that pair was made..!

prospector outfitters had some last I looked it was about 70% Usa 30% china so they are moving the USA made ones out

coal point trading on the spit had a few pairs, but to be honest i have had epic fail on the US ones in the last couple years as well. I just "traded up" when i took my disintehrating chinese ones back to the gear sged and got a pair of the muck/tuff hybrids... probably made in china as well, but they looked beefier without a doubt.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Wife and I got ours at B & J in 2011 and I just looked and they say "Made in USA" in center of bottom sole. No issues ~ love them!

I heard of the "moving to china" thing early this year, so I went to B&Js immediatly and picked up the last size 12 steel toe they had. All the non-steel toe ones were made in China, i had never owned the steel toe ones before, but they are actually really nice. No problems thus far! Keep it in America People!