Thread: Stainless Steel Folding Cleats

Default Stainless Steel Folding Cleats

My boat has these nice all stainless folding cleats on it and i'm thinking of becoming a dealer for them, they come in 3 sizes 4-1/2", 6" 8". The great thing about them is they are flush mounted and fold flat when not needed so no catching on lines,nets or tripping over them. I've got the 6" size for mid ship cleats and they are STRONG i couldn't break them when i was hung down solid with the shrimp pots and i had that polysteel rope pulled down to just about nothing towing hard on the rope trying to bust the gear loose. Let me know what you think about them? Not cheap but all stainless and made in the USA. I'm going to install a set of 8" for my stern cleats this winter on my rig.
    The small size could be installed in zodiac seats and or transoms because they mount flush fold flat and out of the way.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Steve,
    What a great idea. I love cleats on the stern but am always hooking something on them as you mentioned.
    BK

Brian just let me know if you want some or stop by and take a look at the ones on my boat.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

I have four of these exact cleats mounted on my flying bridge for use as tie-downs. Strength-wise they are overkill for what I use them for, but it's nice to have them fold down (almost) flush with the deck when not in use, but be able to pop them up when I need to lash down kayaks, shrimp pots, gear totes, etc.

For use as primary cleats (i.e. docking lines) I would find them a bit on the small side. Not for strength necessarily, but they just don't provide enough room to get more than a couple wraps with 1/2" or 5/8" line. YMMV of course, and it would certainly be great to have a local source.

What size do you have ? I bet the 8" size would be fine for 1/2 or 5/8 rope.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    What size do you have ? I bet the 8" size would be fine for 1/2 or 5/8 rope.
    Mine are the 4.5" cleats, so you're right; the larger ones should give plenty of room for a larger mooring line. So far I've only used mine with 1/4" tie-down line.