Thread: Cabela's Wader Jeans

Default Cabela's Wader Jeans

I'm not sure if anyone else has seen these, but Cabela's has come out with a pair of "waist waders" that are lightweight like a pair of jeans. They're called Dry-Plus Stockingfoot Wader Jeans. Here's the link:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...eans&noImage=0

It says that the outer fabric is "tightly woven micro-denier." I'm wondering if this is a noisy fabric that would not be suitable for spot-and-stalk hunting as I'm sure that most light-weight, nylon-type waders would not work. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Barron

Default interesting....

I'de be curious to hear if anyone else has used them up here. The review on cabelas website sounds real favorable.

Default Dry Plus

Good price on these jean-style waders right now. I've used their full chest waders in the Dry Plus for duck hunting and fishing. As far as stalk and hunt noise, I think their a little noisy for that, plus too much stress on the stocking foot. Kept getting leaks in the foot area and finally sent them back for a full refund. Can't beat Cabelas retun policy...

I used this exact pair every day last September on my Alaska Peninsula moose hunt. They performed far better than my partner's Orvis gore-tex waiders, which ripped. These never leaked, and dryed as well as any gore-tex waders I've used. They are stretchy enough to hike comfortably. I really tested them when I had to stand in two feet of water for eight hours dressing a moose that died in a swamp. They never leaked.

The only complaint I had, was that the neoprene booties are not fitted enough. They bunch-up some in the boot. I used a pair of regular Merril, nonwater proof hiking boots over them. They drained well, and had an agressive sole for hiking. They just stayed soaked all week, which didn't obviously matter.

I took a pair of gore-tex gaiters to wear over the lower portion of the waders, but never used them. When I have had waders rip in AK, it always seems to happen below the knee. These stood-up, but I admittedly didn't tear through as many alders as I usually do.

Don Mulligan
    www.outdoorswithdon.com

I just spoke to cabela's because I was looking for a large tall and they are discontinuing these waders.