Thread: WTH Kuskokwim Black Bear

Default WTH Kuskokwim Black Bear

"Want to hunt" black bear on the Kuskokwim River, where is the best place to go? area with a high chance of success. I never hunted them before, but I seen one before, once on the Holitna River when I was hunting moose, it ran into the woods so fast that me and my hunting partners never even had a chance to try a shot. I am really interested in planning a trip in the near future. Heard that the meat was pretty good eating and the hides are really nice. Any recommendations?
    Last edited by WDChurchJr; 04-20-2007 at 21:35.

Lower River recommendations, below the confluence of the Holitna. Thanks
    Last edited by WDChurchJr; 04-20-2007 at 21:44.

I'd check google earth to see where there is good timber. Also talk to the area bio in BET. In your position, might also contact some of the tribal offices in villages above BET.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

I have seen black bear at the confluence of the Holitna and the Hoholitna during moose season.

Default Aniak area?

Anyone ever hunt black bear around the Aniak area?

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    I'd check google earth to see where there is good timber. Also talk to the area bio in BET. In your position, might also contact some of the tribal offices in villages above BET.
    Google Earth is a great idea martentrapper, will also call Phil in Bethel. Thanks