Thread: Kenai Tribs?

Default Kenai Tribs?

Ok, I'm on the ferry Saturday and looking at my options to salvage the fishing side of my trip. Not really interested in silvers, jsut rainbows. If the rain backs off how long will it be till teh Keani drops into shape? How about the tribs like Russian, Quartz or teh other smaller tribs/creeks in the area.

Just looked at the gauge again. Looks like it might just be cresting at 19,500 cfs. That's the upper river. O I just looked at the weather forecast. Might not be to the top yet. Rain today and next 2 days about 100% than more rain after that. Sorry man it's not looking good for the rest of this fall season to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Abel View Post
    Ok, I'm on the ferry Saturday and looking at my options to salvage the fishing side of my trip. Not really interested in silvers, jsut rainbows. If the rain backs off how long will it be till teh Keani drops into shape? How about the tribs like Russian, Quartz or teh other smaller tribs/creeks in the area.
    I have looked at other historic river level data on the Kenai and it looks like the middle river gauge at Kenai Keys generally drops very quickly after an autumn rise to an otherwise low river.

I have a feeling even the Kenai tribs are going to take a while to clean up after this mess. Good luck and be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Abel View Post
    Will you have access to a small boat, kayak or canoe"they can be rented in Sterling " Some dandy lake fishing for Rainbows up to 20 inches.
    Alaska canoe is right on the sterling highway just south of sterling. I bet he can point out some good fishing. You might have a better time if you don't throw your hands in the air and and say shucks. If they can't help, PM me. Have GREAT vacation and keep an eye out for Black Bears that will be feeding ALL day long. Take lots of pictures as our trees are golden yellow and absolutely beautiful.

That's another reason I wanted to get off this island. Being from the Midwest I love fall, the crunch of leaves and colors. Here in Kodiak, no real colors and the leaves are squishy, I miss fall colors.

The Russian is roaring. Yesterday, Quartz was up to the bottom of the bridge by the campground. I suspect the Kenai is going to stay high for another 10 days or more- depending on rain. The lower KP streams normally drop pretty fast but they are still not wadeable and I just heard it is raining down there again.