Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many guns???

Default How many guns???

how many guns can one person purchase at one time? Such as one rifle, two handguns and one shotgun. When I get back home I want to by 4 guns but dont want any red flags to go up.

Default How many guns???

I don't believe there is a limit, the form has like 15? lines.

I've picked up 3 in one purchase.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin0718 View Post
    how many guns can one person purchase at one time?
    How much money you got?

Limits on gun buying are a state-by-state thing.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

Quote Originally Posted by .338-06 View Post
    How much money you got?

Limits on gun buying are a state-by-state thing.
    I should have enough to buy 4 guns at one time but like I said i would not want some guys in suits knocking on my door but this is Alaska im sure people buy many guns at once all the time

I think you can put three on one 4473...it used to be five but has changed. you can fill out multiple 4473's I guess. And I'm wondering why you can't but two today and two tomorrow. Or at two different shops in one day.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

IF you buy them Face to Face from an individual you can buy a truck load at one time. I purchased 68 firearms and accessories from one person before in an estate liquidation with nothing more than a handshake and a bill of sale.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I think you can put three on one 4473...it used to be five but has changed. you can fill out multiple 4473's I guess. And I'm wondering why you can't but two today and two tomorrow. Or at two different shops in one day.
    I've always heard the no-no was identical multiples... ie. 5 of 1 model, etc. in efforts to curb illiicit interstate gun trafficking. That may have been pure BS but it was widely talked about at the time (90s) when VA instituted a "1 gun a month" law.

I personally know several folks who've bought multiple different pieces at once (ie. a rifle, a couple of shotguns and a pistol) without a visit from the boogeyman. They were folks replacing guns lost in a burgarly or a fire but only the insurance company knew about that as there is nothing to tie a 4473 to a housefire.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

I should have enough to buy 4 guns at one time but like I said i would not want some guys in suits knocking on my door but this is Alaska im sure people buy many guns at once all the time

This is Alaska so no suits...they will likely be wearing Carhartts!

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman View Post
    I've always heard the no-no was identical multiples... ie. 5 of 1 model, etc. in efforts to curb illiicit interstate gun trafficking. That may have been pure BS but it was widely talked about at the time (90s) when VA instituted a "1 gun a month" law.

I personally know several folks who've bought multiple different pieces at once (ie. a rifle, a couple of shotguns and a pistol) without a visit from the boogeyman. They were folks replacing guns lost in a burgarly or a fire but only the insurance company knew about that as there is nothing to tie a 4473 to a housefire.
    Well I can't speak to the lunacy of the ATFE or any other federal agency these days but the law in regard to the form is what it is. I've bout three handguns on one form and two AR type rifles on one form in the past two years. I'm not sure how the three (or five) can be mixed or not, long gun/handgun but don't consider it an issue at all and I have no reservations about buying multiple guns. All it takes is money. I have a few stamp guns now and haven't had any visits from ATFE suits.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    This is Alaska so no suits...they will likely be wearing Carhartts!
    Nice thought. Sad to say, even here they usually wear suits. (I could tell ya how I know, but then I'd have to kill ya).
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Alaska has no limitations, buy all you want whenever you want.

As an FFL if you buy two more HANDGUNS within 5 conceptive business days and I know about it . . . then I file a form 3310.4 Ēreport of multiple sales or other disposition of pistols and revolversĒ with ATF. You can buy all you want, I must report two or more but who cares, nobody will come knocking.
    What pops a flag is when they start getting a bunch of these 3310.4s in your name in a month . . . then they may come see you. Itís nothing to worry about as long as you are buying for you and arenít ďdealingĒ straw buying, selling guns to un-qualified buyers or something shady like that.

There are only 5 lines on form 4473 to list guns. But if you want to outfit a skeet range with 100 shotguns and grab 10 rifles for your VIPs and a (one) revolver for your hip we can do that all on just one 4473. We just attach a listing of each gun to the form, Iíd bet buys just like that arenít at all uncommon even.

Nobody will be knocking on your door for buying 4 guns even if they are all handguns, donít worry about it. Iíve had many 3310.4s filed on me and the only time anyone came knocking is when I applied for my FFL this winter . . . if it wasnít the law that they come then I doubt they would have. Trust me they donít care if you buy 10 handguns at once every Christmas or PFD time, itís not illegal or even uncommon and not what they are looking for.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Nice thought. Sad to say, even here they usually wear suits. (I could tell ya how I know, but then I'd have to kill ya).
    Well, that ainít what I saw when ATF came to see me, dressed just like every other pencle pusher in Anchorage which isnít Carhartts but about like casual Friday dress in the 48.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Well, that ainít what I saw when ATF came to see me, dressed just like every other pencle pusher in Anchorage which isnít Carhartts but about like casual Friday dress in the 48.
    Oh....I thought we were talking about Suits. Never really considered ATF to be suits. They always seemed to be more the windbreaker and cheap polyester slacks type. Pretty sure the suits look down their noses at the ATF, at least privately.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Like he said, buy as many as you want. If you buy two or more handguns within 5 consecutive business days from the same dealer, then the dealer fills out and faxes a form 3310.4. As he said, it appears not much is ever done in consequence of that. You can put as many firearms on one 4473 form as you want. There is NO LIMIT. Have fun, this is still the U.S.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Alaska has no limitations, buy all you want whenever you want.

As an FFL if you buy two more HANDGUNS within 5 conceptive business days and I know about it . . . then I file a form 3310.4 Ēreport of multiple sales or other disposition of pistols and revolversĒ with ATF. You can buy all you want, I must report two or more but who cares, nobody will come knocking.
    What pops a flag is when they start getting a bunch of these 3310.4s in your name in a month . . . then they may come see you. Itís nothing to worry about as long as you are buying for you and arenít ďdealingĒ straw buying, selling guns to un-qualified buyers or something shady like that.

There are only 5 lines on form 4473 to list guns. But if you want to outfit a skeet range with 100 shotguns and grab 10 rifles for your VIPs and a (one) revolver for your hip we can do that all on just one 4473. We just attach a listing of each gun to the form, Iíd bet buys just like that arenít at all uncommon even.

Nobody will be knocking on your door for buying 4 guns even if they are all handguns, donít worry about it. Iíve had many 3310.4s filed on me and the only time anyone came knocking is when I applied for my FFL this winter . . . if it wasnít the law that they come then I doubt they would have. Trust me they donít care if you buy 10 handguns at once every Christmas or PFD time, itís not illegal or even uncommon and not what they are looking for.
    I'm guessing state to state restrictions hmmm. I get told only three down here in the boonies.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I'm guessing state to state restrictions hmmm. I get told only three down here in the boonies.
    Likely so Murphy, many states have many laws of their own about gun sales, I donít know just what law it would be though.

I just read through the Missouri Revised Statues as provided by ATF publication 5300.5 and see nothing on how many you can buy at a time. However in your travels about you should know about MRS-407.500 . . . it says you can only buy in Missouri and states ďcontagiousĒ to Missouri. So ya canĎt buy in say Alaska or Montana without going through a Missouri (or bordering state) FFL.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

how many guns can one person purchase at one time? Such as one rifle, two handguns and one shotgun. When I get back home I want to by 4 guns but dont want any red flags to go up.
    Alaskaslist has everything you could possibly want. Cash and carry. No paperwork.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

As Adfields and Doug (gunbugs) said...
    no limit by Federal law, however some shops do put their limitations on things. One shop in Missouri wanted to limit me to five firearms (number of lines on 4473), and do multiple forms for a transfer...FOR SOMEBODY ELSE!

Had to explain to them on a dealer to dealer transfer for a individual moving to Alaska... the shop does NOT do a 4473 to recieve from another shop- we follow State and Federal law- and 4473 should be done in person at place of business.

Don't know what ever happened... the guns never got shipped to us.

most I remember was 27 firearms on one form for one individual- they were doing a potlatch for their father and giving Winchester 94's and similar rifles to extended family members.

Chris

well here in a month or so i will be going to buy these guys if it becomes a problem then i will buy two one day and wait a few days then buy the other two thanks for the help and info

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroman View Post
    Alaskaslist has everything you could possibly want. Cash and carry. No paperwork.
    Including overpriced and stolen ones

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast