Thread: Deer report for montague and surrounding islands?

Default Deer report for montague and surrounding islands?

Just curious if anybody has been to montague or the surrounding islands and can report on the deer numbers.

The locals out of Cordova haven't been getting many so far. Part of it is low deer numbers and part absolutely horrible weather. I've heard of two bucks taken on Hinchinbrook and one on Hawkins and don't know of anybody who's been to Montague yet.

Will be out with plentycoupe this week, so will have a personal outlook when we get back. Forecast isn't the best, but we'll hunt somewhere.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Yeah it's a little early for most guys, but I'm hoping I head out the first week in nov. so I am hoping to hear some good news before then. Looking forward to hearing your report!

Well, plentycoupe and I got weathered out for this week. Second huge storm in 4 days coming tomorrow. Storm warning Tues and Wed. Sorry there will be no report from us.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Thats too bad. Hopefully you'll get a chance to get out and do some hunting elsewhere before the end of the season. Good luck to you and thanks.