Thread: Remembering just how nice it was a couple weeks ago...

Default Remembering just how nice it was a couple weeks ago...

So I keep reflecting on the summer fun and can`t help but think just how sweet the weather was about 3 weeks ago. We have taken most of our fishing trips on the rainy days this year and only experienced a couple nice weekends on the water...sad. We were fortunate to get out for my friend`s Dad`s B-Day in Seward aboard the 'Outa Wac' and had just incredible weather. I was looking through some of the footage and put a video together...albiet it a sort of feable attempt. LOL Howard (from Texas) finally got into the fish and it was smiles for everyone for a couple days...it will make for nice winter memories.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Quote Originally Posted by AK2AZ View Post
    So I keep reflecting on the summer fun and can`t help but think just how sweet the weather was about 3 weeks ago. We have taken most of our fishing trips on the rainy days this year and only experienced a couple nice weekends on the water...sad. We were fortunate to get out for my friend`s Dad`s B-Day in Seward aboard the 'Outa Wac' and had just incredible weather. I was looking through some of the footage and put a video together...albiet it a sort of feable attempt. LOL Howard (from Texas) finally got into the fish and it was smiles for everyone for a couple days...it will make for nice winter memories.

Excellent video there AK2AZ!!! These are the memories we all will utilize to help us through the winter doldrums. Thanks for the "memories".
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Great video. We were out of Seward on the 7th and 8th and it was nice. It's incredible how quickly it can change. Thanks for sharing!!!!

My wife and I snuck out today between the fronts. Purty darned nice. Shirt sleeves and sun in the 50's, even if there was a big rotten swell running in. Sun went behind a cloud after a couple of hours and it chilled so we headed back with a coupla 30# halibut. Four would have been nicer, but it was still a great afternoon.

That video excites me and makes me eager to get back after it. Our boat has been sitting idle on the launch pad in Eagle River for almost 2 weeks... We're heading down to Whittier Oct 1-2 for the crab opener if weather's cooperative.

Great vid AK2AZ!

Whats the deal with the Red Vines?

Nice video, as usual!

And as usual, I'm a wee-bit jealous. The skiff from the Outa Wac would be a nice boat for me at this point....lol.

Great video! Sweet Ride!

Quote Originally Posted by akfshklr View Post
    Great vid AK2AZ!

Whats the deal with the Red Vines?
    ??? Looked back and they are almost always out there...lol. If you were refering to the color it`s because they are refrigerated til use. Lupe' (Serena) keeps us well stocked...the girl never stops! Lupe' even writes down orders and makes what you wish...gotta love 'er. As a matter of fact she even did all the filming while taking care of everything else.

Heavy Hitter Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    Nice video, as usual!

And as usual, I'm a wee-bit jealous. The skiff from the Outa Wac would be a nice boat for me at this point....lol.
    It`s a Walker Bay with 50 Yami 4-stroke...stupid thing has teak and all the electronics too. Haven`t had the time to play with it but I`m guessing it`s as fast as mine on flat water.

Heavy Hitter Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by AK2AZ View Post
    It`s a Walker Bay with 50 Yami 4-stroke...stupid thing has teak and all the electronics too. Haven`t had the time to play with it but I`m guessing it`s as fast as mine on flat water.
    Hahaha....

Ok, I just cracked myself up. It must be getting late, cause it wasn't THAT funny...but I was going to comment on the teak, and I wrote:

"That's a first for me. Teak on your dinghy."

No idea why I think that sounds so funny....

But seriously, teak? And electronics? Come on...what happened to a 10' achilles with oars?

Great video, looks like fun!

Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    Hahaha....

Ok, I just cracked myself up. It must be getting late, cause it wasn't THAT funny...but I was going to comment on the teak, and I wrote:

"That's a first for me. Teak on your dinghy."

No idea why I think that sounds so funny....

But seriously, teak? And electronics? Come on...what happened to a 10' achilles with oars?
    Now that you say it that way it is kinda funny. yep...that little thing is stupid nice....can't wait to test thrash it!

Heavy Hitter Fishing