Thread: Reel Repair

Default Reel Repair

I'm lookin for a shop that does fishing reel repair and refurbishing, I've got a couple of mid range Shimano spinning reels (symetre, stradic) that I've had for 8 or 9 years but they are due for some TLC once again and my former reel guy is in a different time zone. Help me keep the pennies in Alaska.

Thanks in Advance.

I had tackle repair in Anchorage fix a couple of rods and a penn senator 3/0 for me. Seemed pretty reasonable and did good work. I imagine they'll be getting busier, but they had also had a quick turnaround a couple weeks back.

Send them directly back to Shimano (address on the web site). for approx. $25 they will do a complete service and ship back. Takes about 2-3 weeks.

I have used this service for multiple stradics and various offshore reels, never dissappointed.

Ed C.

I've used Taku Reel Repair in Juneau... great service (quick, quality, inexpensive). He's busy now that all the charter guys dumped their gear on him late, but might be worth a call to check rates. Postage will be a factor unless you're here in JNU.

-Case
    M/V CanCan - 34' SeaWolf - Bandon, OR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]