Thread: Homer elks lodge king derby

Default Homer elks lodge king derby

The Homer elks lodge will have there anual king derby Saturday October 6 and the 7

Thanks, chatham. I'll be out there trying my best to win it!
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

2352127 for details that is the elks lodge

FISHFACE (Chainlink) called me on this and got me thinking about it. I called the lodge, and the entry is $100 per person, with cash prizes, undoubtedly for me, since I have picked up a lot of good tips from Muttley as well as the other regular Homer anglers.

They fish Saturday from 7:30 to 7pm, and then Sunday from 7:30 until 5pm with a banquet at 6pm Sunday. Not an ideal schedule for those of us trailer from Anchorage, but I suspect we will have the big fish by noon on Sunday so we can drive home in the afternoon. Now if I could just find someone to stay late and transport all of the prize money back for me, I think we have a workable plan...

The start and stop times are just from memory, so check for yourself, but it is something like that. He guy at the lodge said they have something like 50 entries, so it is small, and that they can take the entry via credit card over the phone if you are coming from out of town.

I will be watching the weather next week and might get motivated to come down for the weekend if it looks nice.

Anyone else going from Anchorage?
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by jrogers View Post
    The guy at the lodge said they have something like 50 entries, so it is small, and that they can take the entry via credit card over the phone if you are coming from out of town.
    Yeah, I have a feeling there won't be more than a couple of hundred entries at the most by the time the tournament begins. I haven't entered yet, so there's at least one more entry, but it's like this every year. I can't figure out for the life of me why they don't do more/better marketing for it. It could be at least close to as popular as the Chamber sponsored derby in March if they put a little more effort into it I would think. I absolutely LOVE these tournaments and to me there's nothing like knowing the next fish you pull into the boat could put thousands of dollars into your pocket. I've got a few flats of my favorite herring basting in "special sauce" right this minute, and have boated a few fish in the last couple of weeks that would have won prizes in the Chamber's March tournament, so look out! FISH ON!!!
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com