Thread: Cannot log on using computer...only app.

Default Cannot log on using computer...only app.

I cannot log on using a computer. My tapatalk app works fine. I can log in and out. I can't access AOD from my laptop or iPhone using the Internet. Only the app. I can log in and out just fine...can anyone explain or help me?

Thanks a lot!
    It's not skybusting if you fold em'.

Default here's something; sorry it isn't more

It couldn't be as simple as case sensitivity, could it?

Going from upper to lower case is a different process between those two different devices.... are you sure everything is upper or lower case as it should be, for every character of the exact forum name and password that you're using?

Or worse yet, does your tapatalk log you in without you actually typing this each time? If so, are you sure you still know your exact password?

I do know it. However, Whenever I go to www.forums.outdoorsdirectory.com. Like I have for 7 years now...it says forbidden. My room mate can access it on the same Internet line...is it my account?

Default surprise: I found your problem

Looks like everything on this site is working fine, because I too get a forbidden message if I try to go to that exact address. Go ahead and click on it (in your post) yourself. I see:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.
    Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.22 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.22 OpenSSL/1.0.1c PHP/5.2.17 with Suhosin-Patch mod_apreq2-20051231/2.6.0 mod_perl/2.0.5 Perl/v5.8.9 Server at forums.outdoorsdirectory.com Port 80

If you go to that same URL but without the www. prefix, you'll work just fine.

Every person that manages a domain on the Internet gets to decide what domain names resolve (i.e., "work") and what doesn't. This site's person that does this has chosen to resolve http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/ but to not resolve the same name with a www. prefix. It's all in what lines you put into your DNS table, to field certain domain name resolution requests. Also, that error message indicates that this server's ErrorDocument setup isn't set up, and so every time you click on the URL in your post you'll cause an error on this web site's server that will be recorded, with details, in its error log - in other words, it goes on your permanent record, so don't mess with it much! This last paragraph is probably tmi, yeah?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by AK375HH View Post
    Thank you!
    No problem. If you're wetting your whistle some time and see a real thirsty fellow, send him a cold one and tell him it was from me! It'll eventually get back to me.

Man, thanks for doing my job for me, FamilyMan! Seriously, though - thanks for helping another member out.

Sorry I didn't notice this one sooner.

It's ok!. Im happy it's fixed!