Thread: Thanks for the post/pictures....

Default Thanks for the post/pictures....

All,

I just wanted to take a minute and say "thank you" to each of you for the awesome post/pictures that have been posted! I was stationed at Eielson from '98-02 and have missed the Last Frontier since I left. I have been chomping at the bit to get back up there and the good Lord willing at the end of my tour here in Korea I'll be heading to Elmendorf in Jan 08!! I cannot wait. The awesome stories/pictures from this forum keep me going! Thanks again....

Best of luck to each of you this hunting/fishing season!

Happy hunting.....
    Bryan

it really is incredible up here, isn't it? i got back from a tour of duty in the desert, and moved up here almost immediately. it's pretty big contrast. if everything goes right, i'll be transferring into eielson as a guardsman before the end of may.

Default Awesome indeed....

Yes, it truly is an awesome place! I can't wait to get back. Hopefully this time around I'll have more time to spend in the outdoors. I didn't get to do alot of hunting the first time around due to work, deployments, etc...oh and I can't forget to mention piss poor planning on my part! Hopefully this time will be different. Good luck on your transfer to Eielson and the guard. I'll have just shy of 4 yrs left when I arrive at Elmendorf before I can retire!! If all goes well I'll probably retire right there in Anchorage.

Ditto for me. Ths forum has been a bit of a sanctuary for me here in Iraq. I am trying to get back by hunting season as a civilian. I'll make it unless my commander freaks out when he realizes that I am requesting over 90 days terminal leave plus 30 days permissive duty for returning to an "overseas" home of record!!