Thread: Butte Target Shooting

Default Butte Target Shooting

Has anyone recently been at the Butte target shooting range down the Maud road extension lately? Wondering if the road is passable because of high water in the creeks. Thanks!

Road was closed yesterday. Not sure today.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

The Maud road extension where the creek passes under the road by the private landowners back yard?

I read that the Matanuska river flooded its banks at Old Ye River road which is off the Old Glenn Highway and is west of maud road. Might have to go all the way around through Palmer to Maud road if its not already closed.

I drove by to check Maud road extension and there is a 'issue' with the road but it is passable. There is nothing wrong with the Old Glenn highwayas I have driven the whole length from the New Glenn to Palmer.
    I have not driven back to Mud/Jim lake so no report there. Other then some trees down, I would not expect any problems going back there.

Thanks for the update AK Bearcat👍

Went to the Butte today to see if I could get to the rifle range. The culvert where Maud road turns into Maud extension had a orange and white road closed sign accross it but I could see where people have moved it to the side and people were still driving back there. The dirt and gravel road over the culvert was damaged from all the water but I decided to drive over it and risk it. There were a lot of blown over trees and I could see that people had chainsawed them and move them to the side. I was able to drive all the way to the rifle range with no trouble and had a great day.