Thread: Scoter

Default Scoter

Got the first scoter of the year today was the one and only duck we shot at and happy we got it. came straight into the decoys wings cupped landing gear down. no bitting of this ones head..its in the freezer waitin to get mounted
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

AWESOME!!! Those surf scoters have the coolest bill in duckology! My favorite sea duck right there. Congrats on a fine trophy!
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Congrats..sometimes thant only bird can be a special one...
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckhunter01 View Post
    Congrats..sometimes thant only bird can be a special one...

Funny you'd say that...

I hunted with some good friends in Ohio on Lake Erie 2 years ago. One of my buddy's father had passed away a few years prior. He's only in his late 20's so it was kinda tough on him to lose his old man that early. Anyways, he was talking about how for three or four years in a row, I can't remember, he and his father had ended the season on a bitter cold hunt shooting only one bull can. So we're out there hunting and it's outrageously cold, we had to break through 3" of ice to get out there, run the boat every 15 minutes to keep the water open, and it was quite miserable. We toughed it out and stayed in that blind for hours and finally, when we were just about to call it quits, my buddy pulled up and shot a crossing bull can. You could just feel the emotion in the blind, it was pretty special and one of those "single birds for the day" that you'll definitely remember for years to come.

Based on my first season of duck hunting here on the peninsula I thought EVERY day was a one duck day!

you boys NEED to come over to Kodiak. The seaward side of any bay is a great spot to shoot if you enjoy scoter. All 3 in great numbers. conditions can get ........interesting, but its great hunting for a wide variety of sea ducks.