Thread: Needing some advice

Default Needing some advice

So I'm thinking about going back towards crow creek to look for BB or moose as I understand it's listed as the remainder of 14c
    question is has anybody ever been back there and if so is it worth doing plan on going in by foot any information would be
    Greatly appreciated

Are you sure that is not in the Chugak State Park management area?

Whats BB?
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Are you sure that is not in the Chugak State Park management area?

Whats BB?
    I would guess that "BB" = Black Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    I would guess that "BB" = Black Bear.
    Dangit! I was loading the truck up. Thought it meant bacon burger

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    Dangit! I was loading the truck up. Thought it meant bacon burger
    I was hoping so as well, you better save some for me if so!

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird View Post
    So I'm thinking about going back towards crow creek to look for BB or moose as I understand it's listed as the remainder of 14c
    question is has anybody ever been back there and if so is it worth doing plan on going in by foot any information would be
    Greatly appreciated
    <<<<<ahhhh I saw what you did with your location there, Classy

Are you going up the road then going to walk the trail a ways? I know the ER side of the trail is brownie area not sure about the girdwood side, regardless make sure you have your locking tag, cause sure you'll see one, and if you get a moose, one maybe on your pile before you know it

It looks like from the trailhead to about the 5 mile mark you are in 14C Remainder, you would be in Chugach National Forest until you cross that invisible line around the north side of Raven Glacier. I'm not sure how far the Eagle River Management Area stretches to the southeast, you may or may not be able to hunt into Chugach State Park in that area. But I don't know enough about that to advise it one way or the other, I'm pretty sure you'd be restricted to foot travel though.

Quote Originally Posted by greenspeed View Post

Are you going up the road then going to walk the trail a ways? I know the ER side of the trail is brownie area not sure about the girdwood side, regardless make sure you have your locking tag, cause sure you'll see one,
    No, do not bring a locking tag for a brown bear into the Eagle River side, as the only people who can hunt that area for brown bear are those with a drawing permit. Furthermore, black bear hunting in the Eagle River area is by registration permit and there is no legal moose hunting. As for the Girdwood end of the trail, look at the maps verrrry carefully before hunting that area. Don't take any advice given here - including my own - at face value. Read the regs, read them again, then read them again while talking to a Trooper and/or an F&G biologist. 14C holds some great hunting, but is one of the most regulatory complex areas in the state if not the country.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post

Whats BB?
    BIG Boooogers, or BAD Bunnies, Blue Berries.

at this point..Big Bummer..
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

About this time last year I took a drive to the end of crow creek rd to the trailhead just for the heck of it. Not but about 0.75-1 mile up the trail was a blackie feeding, visible from the parking lot. Appeared to be close to the hiking trail. If I knew at the time it was a potentially huntable area and I had my rifle I could have had a nice bear. But to play it safe I head south on the highway to unit 7 to hunt black bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    black bear hunting in the Eagle River area is by registration permit
    And requires you to be hunters education certified regardless of age.
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Hey thanks for the info everyone I'm gonna give it a go tomorrow I'll let you know how she goes