Thread: Cha Ching!

Default Cha Ching!

Well after much deliberation and a few sleepless nights, I pick up my new Grizzly tomorrow. Got the '07 700 in the Ducks Unlimited camo. I'm pretty excited. Now I won't sleep tonight looking forward to riding!! EricL

Default Nice, Eric

You're gonna love it. Now, put your camera in a pelican case and mount it with velcro straps for stable, easy, instant access. I have a tough time deciding between my gun or camera.
    Ben

I gotta say I am a little disappointed in Honda. Think they are falling behind some of the others. But I am very anxious to take this thing for a spin. Anyone on here familiar with the Montana Jacks Receiver system? Been looking at them but seems like a lot of money. Guess not having to reach into muddy water for your winch would be kind of nice. Attaching a link:

http://www.montanajacks.com/index.as...n=Custom&ID=19

Congrats on the new Griz!! We will expect a full ride report! Man I hear that power steering is the ticket.

About the winch mount. I'm not so sure I'd want it that high. Seems kind of exposed too. When winching out it would seem to have a tendancey to pull the front of the quad down, which is usually buried anyway. What we want if anything is for it to be pulled up. I have a WARN 2500 on mine mounted in the standard place. After 4 years of mud, water,etc. I pulled it off one fall when putting the Griz in hibernation for the winter. I took it apart and cleaned it up and put back together. No probs. As far as the winch hook/cable, You can just hook that up on your rack if you don't want to get your hand wet and muddy.

There are a few guys that run around Jim creek all the time with them and they love theres! I liked the look of them and I think you can swap it to the back real easy like. All I know is the guys said they would always run this set up. Well I never seen them use them so Good luck!

You are right about the winch pulling you down when mounted high like that Snyd. I had one mounted high on my Kawasaki years ago and I got stuck in some terrible clay that had me bogged way deep. My winch just pulled the front end deeper rather than out and it took three of us over an hour to extract that machine even with two others pulling. The suction created by that clay wouldn't let us pull it out.

I got my new Grizzly 700 yesterday. I spent the miserable snowy and rainy day in my garage wiring up the heated handle bar grips, mounting my GPS bracket and a 4 inch PVC tube for a pack fishing rod on it. I am surprised how many changes there are when comparing it to my 660. It's like they are two totally different type of machines from the frame up. I researched the machine quite a lot before I bought it but I never noticed that there is no fuel shut off or reserve tank. When it says empty I'd better believe it is time to put in some gasoline. The power steering is really kick butt and that baby is plenty powerful.

I know that I am going to love this thing and I'm keeping the 660 for my brother to ride when he comes up from South Carolina each year to visit. He has been riding my Arctic Cat 500 for the past several years.
    Last edited by Contender; 05-13-2007 at 21:14. Reason: wrong wording.

Contender
    Congrats on the 700! I really like my 02 660. I done a few mods to it. Wheels, tires, clutch kit, suspension mods, rear tranny vent re-route. Makes a nice machine. That new 700 seems to have all the right stuff, lower center of gravity, front a-arm redesgin, power-steering, etc. My next ride will probably be a rhino. Maybe for 09 they will have a 700 rhino with powersteering!

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    Contender
    Congrats on the 700! I really like my 02 660. I done a few mods to it. Wheels, tires, clutch kit, suspension mods, rear tranny vent re-route. Makes a nice machine. That new 700 seems to have all the right stuff, lower center of gravity, front a-arm redesgin, power-steering, etc. My next ride will probably be a rhino. Maybe for 09 they will have a 700 rhino with powersteering!

I'd like to see one with a Diesel in it.