Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Open Seat/Please take me hunting!

Boat's full now.

How was the trip?

Default good

It started out slow and our last set turned out awesome. One of the guys had hunted that spot before and he knew the X. I had previously setup about 250 yards on the other side of the bay opening and we had come to the conclusion that we were on the wrong side the previous trip. Scoters, golden eyes, and harlies were landing IN the deeks. We were just standing there BS'ing and they'd come around the corner, hit the skids and drop right in.

Weather turned out pretty good. Threes/maybe 4's going out and better coming back in.

Nice trip.

That looks like it was an incredible day! I'm going to follow this thread from now on so I don't miss a day like that! Hope y'all had a great 2015 season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Arise, kill and eat."
    Acts 10:13

That ended up being the best day i had last year. We had several great days though.

Those unexpected great days are always the best!

"Arise, kill and eat."
    Acts 10:13

New to Fairbanks, and doing my own scouting and looking around. But if there is anybody who has an open seat in the Fairbanks area, I work M-F but I can probably take a morning off occasionally and open to weekends! Looking I got my own gun, decoys, and gear so can help out however I can. Let me know if you have an extra seat.

I plan on going in the morning if anyone in the Anchorage area is wanting to go aswell let me know

So all my hunting partners either cant get off work, have family responsibilities or are out of town. So it's either find someone or I'm heading out with just Ruby and me-which my wife say isn't going to happen...... So here is the deal-heading out this Friday morning and coming back on Sunday. We'll sleep on my boat (26' Hewescraft PC with Wallas stove & Espar heater etc), hunt puddle ducks and geese-although if interested there are sea ducks in the area we hunt. I have dekes, mojo, lab, etc. All you will need are waders, a gun, sleeping bag and ammo. I furnish the boat and whoever joins me pays for gas. If you are interested PM me and we can discuss details.
    Ruby at the end of a good day.

Thanks for the interest. Boat is full.

Anyone going out tomorrow and have room? just got home from a deployment and trying to slay some ducks!

Quote Originally Posted by TriIron View Post
    Thanks for the interest. Boat is full.
    Dave, happy to hear you had a good hunt and found some people to join you. Hope your season goes great.
    Wasilla

How did you do TriIron?

Bud,

Thanks. It was a great hunt. Wish you could have joined us. As usually happens, I was standing out collecting dekes getting ready to move to our honey hole with my gun about 20 yards away from me when I heard some honking and a flock of Canadas came right over me about 20 yards off the deck. Fortunately my hunting partner was closer to his gun and managed to knock one down. Saturday morning was just great with mostly mallards cupping into our dekes. I can almost always count on it when I get up to take a wiz and I'm standing out in the buck open a flock of greenheads will decide to it's time to fly over. I'm temped to put my sling back on my SBE but I just never have liked shooting with it on. Heading out again this Friday and hope the weather cooperates. Hope we can hunt together at least once this year.

dave

Default Take me hunting

New to the Fairbanks area and spend all September except opening morning Moose hunting. This October was finally able to get out and everything but the river seems frozen.
    Was wondering if there is anybody who hunts the river who would want to show 1 0r 2 newbies how to river hunt in Fairbanks area. Willing to drive, have gear I can bring if that will help. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12