Thread: Barnes TTSX recovered from a moose pictures.

Default Barnes TTSX recovered from a moose pictures.

bullet.jpgbullet 1.jpg

I got a nice 58" moose last week. This is one of the two 210gr TTSX that I put into it with my 338-06. The other one was a complete pass though. This one hit a rib going in and one going out; tore the lunges and everything else apart. I found the bullet just under the skin of the far shoulder. It weighted 208 grains. Those barnes sure do hold together. It was shot at 256 yards and I figured it was moving 2200 or so FPS. It opened up to just under a half inch. I'm really starting to like barnes bullets.

Hard to beat a very tiny loss of weight and dead critter,congrats on the moose
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

swapdonkey that is awesome bullet performance. Almost "too" good. If I can figure out how to post pics I will show some of Swift Scirocco's that put down a huge Elk. They too were shot out of a 338-06 but in a AI version. All three were within in a grain of each other at 196gr. The biggest was .820in. Congrats on a huge bull moose too by the way. Cheers.

swapdonkey, here are the Scirocco's. They too started out at 210gr. Gotta love premium bullets.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by swapdonkey View Post
    bullet.jpgbullet 1.jpg

I got a nice 58" moose last week. This is one of the two 210gr TTSX that I put into it with my 338-06. The other one was a complete pass though. This one hit a rib going in and one going out; tore the lunges and everything else apart. I found the bullet just under the skin of the far shoulder. It weighted 208 grains. Those barnes sure do hold together. It was shot at 256 yards and I figured it was moving 2200 or so FPS. It opened up to just under a half inch. I'm really starting to like barnes bullets.
    IME the TTSX is a measurable improvement when comapred against a TSX.

Congrats on the moose!
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Cor15:19 View Post
    IME the TTSX is a measurable improvement when comapred against a TSX.

Congrats on the moose!
    Your nuts tsx is a great bullet to especially 400gr tsx hell yeah!

I recovered a 225gr TTSX from a Moose this year that I fired from my 338 Win Mag. Looks exactly the same. I'm very happy with the results.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Your nuts tsx is a great bullet to especially 400gr tsx hell yeah!
    I may well be nuts, but saying the TTSX is an improvement upon the TSX is hardly the reason why....

I did not say the TSX is a poor bullet, only that the TTSX is an improvement. In particular I meant an improvement in its terminal aspects, which I continue to proclaim--nuts or not.
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Quote Originally Posted by swapdonkey View Post
    bullet.jpgbullet 1.jpg

Very nice swapdonkey! Hmmm, I didn't think a moose could run 2200fps that's amazing!
    I have a couple boxes of 30cal 200 or 180 gr TTSX boolits that I don't ever seeing a need for - anybody want them?
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

congrats! I could probably figure it out if I looked up the BC of that 210 ttsx, but, what do you figure the starting velocity was out of your 338-06?

Not to speak for Smokey, but the way it was written it sounded like "it" was the moose...not the bullet.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Man I like those Scirocco bullets, yes and the TTSX looks pretty good.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Default Barnes TSX

Here's some .338 win mag 225gr TSX bullets recovered from large game. All were shot within 150 yards. They will lose petals if they hit much bone but penetrate very well and get the job done.
    Attached Images Attached Images