Thread: bent rim replacement story

Default bent rim replacement story

ok, so i have 93 suzuki quad runner 250 4x4. Great little atv, good on gas runs great. It came with a bent rear rim, still held air but was a bit of annoying on long rides. I figured, better fix this before a bearing goes. So got to atv salvage in eagle river, got a used rim? sure check under the snow pile. ok how bad can it be? I go out there, LOTS of rims in a wide range of conditions, UNDER all the snow he shoveled off his roof!! So i dug for about 30-40 mins, found one really beat up one, and keep digging. I ask as I'm digging, so how much for a used rim. He says "$90" Well my enthusiasm totally drops off, $90 for a used rim!!!!!! So I head to the dealer in Anc, well a new one is $180. ok so now i know why he was getting $90. supply and demand. So come home do the ebay search....nothing. find rocky mtn atv tires. Call them up. They have the correct rim, just slightly different offset (1" out) Well I order 2 casue i need to match the other side, and they are ONLY $27.50/ea!!!!! So we get to shipping, thinking this is going to hurt. we'll 2nd day them to ya for $45. yeah baby set me up!! Well they are on and work great!!! So if anyone needs a good rear rim for a suzuki, i got one good one, and one slightly bent one. Maybe I'll make a meat trailer out of them!! Anyway, thought I'd share my good and bad fortunes.

Haha, good story. anybody want one good mudlite and two with side plugs. I had to ship my tires via usps for same thing.

I use Rocky Mountain ATV(www.rockymountainatv.com) for nearly all of my ATV parts and accessories. I've had nothing but prompt satisfying service from this company... They don't kill you in shipping either. It's free shipping on orders over $100 (for those of us in the lower 48). It wasn't bad shipping prices to Alaska either.

It doesn't surprise me you were fixin' to get a rim job (pun intended). People always want you to buy locally in Alaska... and I will/have support that everyday of the week, but sometimes the prices are just ridiculous. Same ol' line too.... "it's the shipping". Then I get to use my line...."keep your lube, I'm getting it on-line".
    "The rich... who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own excellence, these are the real enemies of game".... Theodore Roosevelt's A Principle of the Hunt

Thumbs up

I just had a very similar experience. Have a bent rear on my grizz, shopped around, found nothing worth bending over digging in the snow for, and went online to RKY MT. ordered Tuesday, Thursday I have two new rims for 27 each and for a total of 100 even with shipping. Now if only the tires were the same price to ship!!! Reccomend going that way for anyone looking for a rim.