Thread: Anchorage area ATV mod shop?

Question Anchorage area ATV mod shop?

Can anyone recommend a good place to go for ATV modificaton work either in Anchorage or the Valley? I'm interested in staying out of the dealerships and getting with a smal business owner who really knows his (or her) stuff.

Thanks,
    Dave

What kind of mods? I know a couple guys down there who do some stuff.

I might be interested in getting a clutch kit in my 05 660 Grizzly, like to wake it up a bit. Please send me their info also if you dont mind.

You could try the atv salvage shop in Eagle River. They did some extensive repair to my dad's old Kawasaki Bayou and he was happy with the results considering it is a 20 year old machine. I am sure they could install a clutch kit. But, if I was in your shoes, I would take your grizz to a dealer. They work on these machines all the time and know them very well.

If you grab a service manual for your machine, the nescessary tools and read up on some of the excellent atv forums around the net you could do this yourself. That is how I learned to install a clutch kit on my Kawi Brute Force. www.atvfrontier.com has some very knowledagle members that have done this work themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog37 View Post
    I might be interested in getting a clutch kit in my 05 660 Grizzly, like to wake it up a bit. Please send me their info also if you dont mind.
    I put one in my 02 Griz. Made a huge difference with larger tires. Gave me my low end back. Not to hard to do it your self.

I have a buddy who has a totally modded out griz. 686 big bore kit, cam, etc. He did it all himself and recently took an atv repair course, etc. He know the griz inside out. I'll pm you his email address.