Thread: Twenty Mile, Placer duck hunting

Default Twenty Mile, Placer duck hunting

Me and a buddy was thinking about try our luck out on the twenty mile, or placer for some ducks this weekend. does anyone know if its worth the time. We do have a small boat to get up the river with.

Quote Originally Posted by redneckalaskan View Post
    Me and a buddy was thinking about try our luck out on the twenty mile, or placer for some ducks this weekend. does anyone know if its worth the time. We do have a small boat to get up the river with.

I've never been down there, but my philosophy is that it's always worth the time. If you haven't been somewhere before, even if you don't see/shoot any birds, you'll at least know a new area. People hunt there, so I'm sure it holds birds, it's just a little too far of a drive for me.

Quote Originally Posted by redneckalaskan View Post
    Shot 1 mallard, 4 widge around there on Monday. There are birds there, but it's not gangbusters. Here's hoping this latest weather brings some birds
    “The perils of duck hunting are great - especially for the duck.” Walter Cronkite

How long of a motor is it up river to get to a point that is suitable to spread some steel? I have been wanting to make it that way for a while now. It probably wont be any time soon, but it would be nice to make a trip before the season is over.