Thread: Squeaky Koflach Boots

Default Squeaky Koflach Boots

I'm just wondering if anyone can help me out. I just got a pair of Koflach Degre boots, and they're very comfortable, but they make a lot of noise when I walk in them. Does anyone have any tips on how to reduce the noise for hunting in these boots? Thanks.

Barron

You might try some kind of wax, like bowstring wax. I have the same problem and if I need to I take off the outer boot and sneak in the inner boot.
    Last edited by juneaubow; 04-19-2007 at 14:21. Reason: added to

use leather boots, I've never worn a pair of plasitc boots that don't squeek
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default wax

Wax works great. I use pariffin wax on the plastic portion of the boot. It contains no scent and is solid at room temp... Warm it up a bit to make the job easier.

I also use a quality leather conditioner on the inner boot. Between the two the only creaks or cracks are in my joints....

I'd steer clear of petroleum products such as vasoline... It's messy and can attract grime into the stiching, which may cause them to fail.

Thanks for the inputs, everyone. I'll give the parafin wax and leather conditioner a try, and I have a pair of leather boots that I'll take along just incase. Sneaking in the inner boots is also a great idea. Thanks again, and take care.

Barron

Sprinkle some talcum powder or baby powder in the shell. Shake the shell around to coat the inside with the powder. Works great. I always take baby powder with me for other reasons too.