Thread: Good deal?

Boondocking & Bowls of Deep Fresh Powder !
    2002 RMK 700 144"
    2010 Summit 600 Etec 146"
    Weekends and Holidays Rule Mondays Usually SUCK

Looks like a lot of extras but it seems very high for a 2010. That sled books for $4500. CC has a new 2012 for $9000.

If you plan on actually riding it like a mountain sled, you'll likely find the 600 to be underpowered. I have a 600 E-Tec that I found to be underpowered for deep powder and mountain riding and will be receiving a snow checked 2012 800 ETec next month. Perhaps with a clutch change you'd get enough oomph to stay on top of deep powder, but I think it's underpowered. I spent a lot of time stuck last year while my buddies on their 800's were not. I had one friend that switched with me and had me ride his 800R and he rode my 600 E-Tec and the situation was reversed- I stayed on top of the snow, he was stuck all the time. The 600's are great for trails and well set up snow (think Petersville)- but not good for mountain riding or bottomless sugar snow (think Eureka). IMO. YMMV.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
    Looks like a lot of extras but it seems very high for a 2010. That sled books for $4500. CC has a new 2012 for $9000.
    on Kelly Blue Book it's $6050.00
    2002 RMK 700 144"

Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    If you plan on actually riding it like a mountain sled, you'll likely find the 600 to be underpowered. I have a 600 E-Tec that I found to be underpowered for deep powder and mountain riding and will be receiving a snow checked 2012 800 ETec next month. Perhaps with a clutch change you'd get enough oomph to stay on top of deep powder, but I think it's underpowered. I spent a lot of time stuck last year while my buddies on their 800's were not. I had one friend that switched with me and had me ride his 800R and he rode my 600 E-Tec and the situation was reversed- I stayed on top of the snow, he was stuck all the time. The 600's are great for trails and well set up snow (think Petersville)- but not good for mountain riding or bottomless sugar snow (think Eureka). IMO. YMMV.
    Same tracks on both sleds? The snow north of eureka last season is not the stuff I would use to decide on kicking a 600 to the curb. That stuff was super deep and comparable to rock salt. Track speed and long paddles is whats needed in that snow. I had to have a 600 summit break trail for my 600 widetrack so we could cover ground quicker. More power will always rule in that situation.

The 600's do just fine and are a great overall machine. I would say this one is overpriced in my opinion. I don't care what add-ons a rig has, it usually doesn't make it much better than a plain jane one. It was the owners preference to add them and it is their loss when selling.

Quote Originally Posted by AKsummit View Post
    on Kelly Blue Book it's $6050.00
    Thats is why NOBODY uses KBB. All banks and dealers use NADA

Quote Originally Posted by MORSNO View Post
    Thats is why NOBODY uses KBB. All banks and dealers use NADA
    So then maybe you should have researched the thread B4 spouting off!!!!!
    NADA lists $5750.00-$9949.00 "STOCK"
    KBB falls well inside that range.
    This is a good deal for someone that wants to get started in the adventure. I'd even throw in my W.T.F. Tunnel Bag...has anything that you would need for a couple of nights of survival.
    2002 RMK 700 144"

So then maybe you should have researched the thread B4 spouting off!!!!!
    NADA lists $5750.00-$9949.00 "STOCK"
    KBB falls well inside that range.
    This is a good deal for someone that wants to get started in the adventure. I'd even throw in my W.T.F. Tunnel Bag...has anything that you would need for a couple of nights of survival.
    I see- so you're not the potential buyer of the sled but rather it's your sled and you came here to ask if we thought your Craigslist ad was a good deal- perhaps to advertise it?
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Q: Good deal?

A: No, and shameless advertising on this forum.

Bet he's selling it because he thinks it's underpowered. I notice he didn't flame me for saying that.

What size track is on the one that's underpowered?

It'a a 146" and not underpowered at all...selling it only because I injured my elbow and can't ride anymore for awhile.
    2002 RMK 700 144"

It's worth what somebody's willing to pay you for it. No harm in asking. I'm sure there's more than that invested. The 600 is a great engine. For anyone to call it underpowered on the internet is crap. It's everything most folks want and more than most folks need.

Sorry about the injury. Been there, too. I hope it's temporary. Good luck with selling the sled.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pid View Post
    It's worth what somebody's willing to pay you for it. No harm in asking. I'm sure there's more than that invested. The 600 is a great engine. For anyone to call it underpowered on the internet is crap. It's everything most folks want and more than most folks need.

Sorry about the injury. Been there, too. I hope it's temporary. Good luck with selling the sled.
    Mr. Pid-

I completely respect that you disagree with my assessment of the 600 ETec, but I have owned and ridden my 600 ETec since 2009. My opinion of the motor is also valid, even if it disagrees with your own. For the way I ride and the terrain I ride, that motor doesn't have the power I want. I offered my opinion out there for what I thought was a potential buyer, and specifically stated my reasons why I thought it was an underpowered engine, a mod that might change that (clutch change), and finished my post with YMMV (your mileage may vary). I was specific about the terrain I think the 600 excels in, and the terrain I found it to be wanting in. I don't appreciate being told my opinion is crap. I have plenty of experience and reason to back up my opinion. FWIW, I'm keeping that sled as a loaner because I do think it's a good sled and will be ideal for new riders. It's just not enough sled for my use.

Sold it for the asking
    2002 RMK 700 144"

Sold it for the asking
    Do you want a gold star or something?