Thread: Send in you hunt reports!!

Default Send in you hunt reports!!

Just a quick reminder to send in all your reports. I closed out my bear harvest reports and shrimp report. Would hate to see anyone miss out on the draw because they forgot to report.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    Just a quick reminder to send in all your reports. I closed out my bear harvest reports and shrimp report. Would hate to see anyone miss out on the draw because they forgot to report.

Steve
    It's worth noting that bear reports don't need to be done until June 30th if you've still got bear tags in your pocket. We got my wife's first bear sealed, but the limit in some units is three, so we're not sending in the report. Unfortunately, it is about time for me to send in my sheep and moose reports. Tag soup - mmmm-mmm-good.

So my Black Bear tags that I got in April don;t need turned in until Jun 2013? They're in my truck, haven't filled one yet, hopefully in 2 weeks I will. Got em all kinds of nervous now.......Crap....

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by Abel View Post
    So my Black Bear tags that I got in April don;t need turned in until Jun 2013? They're in my truck, haven't filled one yet, hopefully in 2 weeks I will. Got em all kinds of nervous now.......Crap....
    I don't know about that one. If you got them in April 2012, there were probably due in June 2012. You better double check.

and for those lost, torn, wet or bloodied reports or just cuz you're a little lazy like myself you can also choose to file online.

https://secure.wildlife.alaska.gov/i...eport_greeting
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Black bear tags run off regulatory calender year, 30 Jun to 30 Jun, Harvest tags for the 2011-2012 season are expired and need to be reported and Harvest tags issued for the 2012-2013 season are good until next Jun 2013. The date they expire is printed in red on the tags and harvest card.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

OK, my bad, just called and talked to my Bio bud. They were due in June, oops.... Well they were harvest tags, wont; be black listed and I didn't kill anything. Screws me up royally the license year and reg year not matching. After our hunt I put them in my truck and never looked back at them.

Good reminder for everyone. I already reported my two caribou and grizz online. Besides my black bear tag, I will report the rest before I enter the draw this winter.

AZinAK

Thanks for the heads up Steve, I didn't even think about the black bear tags not being good after June 30th. Good thing I haven't been out bear hunting since this spring, I was holding expired tags this whole time. I thought they were good for 2012, not only until June 30th 2012. I reported, and will get another set this week.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Default Send in you hunt reports!!

I too have been holding expired tags. Till last week when I was checked and I was going thru my tags to get the caribou tag and the trooper pointed it out... Good thing I hadn't seen a blackie.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..