Thread: How many rods in the salt?

Default How many rods in the salt?

I do not have this years regs yet and was wondering........How many rods can one person legally fish while halibut fishing?
    Can you drop a halibut set up and then also jig for salmon?
    Can you drop one down for halibut with bait and then jig with another?
    Tennessee

Default Just One

Your only allowed to fish one rod per person.

2 rods trolling for winter kings here in SE
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default Unless...

[QUOTE=Snowwolfe;92812]I do not have this years regs yet and was wondering........How many rods can one person legally fish while halibut fishing?
    QUOTE]
    .. you have small kids. They would need to be capable of handling a rod to a certain degree, but perhaps not that interested in actually fishing it.

AKPM please note:

According to the commander of the FWP office in Juneau the two rod in salt water regulation was by emergency order and in effect from October 1 through March 31 only. It is not now legal to fish with two rods in SE.

Quote Originally Posted by gusdog44 View Post
    AKPM please note:

According to the commander of the FWP office in Juneau the two rod in salt water regulation was by emergency order and in effect from October 1 through March 31 only. It is not now legal to fish with two rods in SE.
    So, I'm not the only one who talks to Al, eh? ;-)

The EO specifies 2 rods per angler when targeting Kings in SouthEast beginning in the fall. I sat on the Chinook Technical Committee 2 years ago, and we settled on some semi-arbitrary numbers for abundance levels.

The current EO is based on the pre-season abundance index of 1.6 (whatever that means!)... there's a good chance they'll open it up in May if the in-season escapement and abundance levels are high enough.

The current regs are posted HERE, (They were actually online before I could get a hard-copy here in Juneau) and always be sure to check the EOs HERE. They usually release the new orders on a Monday or Tuesday, and the newsbot doesn't pick them up until Wednesday or Thursday. As the fishcops always say, Ignorance is no excuse!

-Case
    M/V CanCan - 34' SeaWolf - Bandon, OR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]