Thread: Fleece or Wool

Default Fleece or Wool

I have been looking for awhile now on fleece and wool outer garments. Yesterday I was in Kansas City at Cabela's and looked at what they had. I looked at Berber Fleece which looked real nice. I looked at some Gallatin wool which was nice also. Then I looked a Wooltimate which is a Wool and Berber fleece blend. I liked it alot. In fact I bought a set of it. Pants, Henley shirt and Vest. The think I liked about it best was it is machine washable, this means alot to me. It is alittle bulky will not compress very well. I bought the set with Windshear also. This stuff is alot cheaper than sleeping indian or King of the mountain wool.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/co...mate&noImage=0

Take a look and see what you think. I know alot of people on here do not like Cabela's gear. But this seems pretty rugged and well made to me.

I like Cabelas stuff. I always drop a load of cash there. At some point I will own the store! Their Dry plus is great. For my wool outware I use Filson. Yes, I sold my kids and dog for it, but for the last 3 generations my family has bought it and it works well. I hope my double mac is givin to my grandkids after i'm dead just like my great-grandfather did for his.

Ron

The Cabelas Wooltimate henley with Windshear is probably my single favorite article of hunting clothing that i own, at any price. Ive gotten a lot of use out of the pants too. If you buy the wooltimate henley or jacket from cabelas, keep in mind that they run about a size bigger than normal