Thread: Shipping tires from the lower 48...

Default Shipping tires from the lower 48...

I ran into some trouble getting some specific tires for my wife's Big Bear, and thought I'd share the solution here. My wife actually did some research for me and found the tip either here, or from another forum. If this is repeat info, my apologies, but I think it deserves a bump.

I wanted to try Interco's Swamplites, but couldn't find a dealer in AK and everyone in the lower 48 wanted LOTS of $$ to ship them to AK.

We found out about a company named Carlile, in Seattle. We contacted them and were told they would ship a set of 27" Swamplites from Seattle to Anchorage for $75.00. So I bought my set from an Ebay store for under $350.00, including free shipping to Seattle. We paid the $75 to Carlile, and my wife picked them up in Anchorage. No problems, and far cheaper than the $300+ everyone else was quoting just for shipping. Here's their info, in case anyone else is looking for tires that aren't available yet in AK:
    http://www.carlile.biz/

Anchorage Terminal
    1800 East 1st Avenue
    Anchorage, AK 99501

Main line: 907-276-7797
    Toll free: 800-478-1853
    Fax line: 907-278-7301

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

I did the same thing for the last three sets I had shipped up here. Good timing on your post as maybe you can save some of our fellow posters some coinage.

Makes you wonder why our local dealers try to charge so much for the same thing when they have them shipped up here the same way, doesnt it?
    Tennessee

No kidding. I guess everyone just wants to dig as deeply into our pockets as they can.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Why don't you have them mailed up Parcel Post. Be lots cheaper than a freight service.

Default rocky mountain atv tires

I just ordered a set of rims from rocky mountain and they 2nd day aired them to me for $45. I was amazed!

Default Tires and shipping

Dennis Kirk also has some pretty fair prices on shipping to AK. www.denniskirk.com.

Default thxs

for the info. I had some shipped up parcel post for $33 a tire. It was still cheaper than an aftermarket shop in town. I tried to use them but he couldn't work with me. So I saved $50.
    I will try Carlisle next.

For using a freight forwarding service like Carlile, do you have to first set up an account or something? How does this work?

You just call them for a price quote and and they give you a number. Then you instruct the company you are buying the tires from to ship them to the address Carlile gave you, attention of you, with the quote number they gave you all on the package.
    You then pay Carlile when you pick them up. If you want Carlile to deliver them to your house then the charges start to get steep.
    Tennessee