Thread: Kenai upper/middle guide recommendation 9/19 or 9/20?

Default Kenai upper/middle guide recommendation 9/19 or 9/20?

I am visiting Alaska for the first time and will be heading to SOLDOTNA tomorrow 9/18. I'd like to book a float trip on the Kenai on 9/19 or 9/20 if possible. I'd like try for rainbows and maybe salmon but I am happy with any fish. I can fly or spin fish.
    I was wondering if someone can help me with a couple of questions in this regard.

Would you recommend fishing upper, middle or lower Kenai for the above dates?

Would you recommend a guide foe the recommended stretch?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Upper or Middle. You do know that most people booked their fishing guides months if not a year out ahead. So good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by power drifter View Post
    Upper or Middle. You do know that most people booked their fishing guides months if not a year out ahead. So good luck!
    Good luck, I would call around. Chances are you might find a guide that needs an extra person.

Thanks power drifter for the reply. I do understand this is a long shot. Unfortunately we did not have a set schedule as this is a sight seeing trip. As such I could not plan fishing days. Now that we re in the area I thought I would give it a shot. If it happens, great. If it does not,I will hope for another trip to Alaska.

Try these folks...It is last minute, but you never know. The weather has been iffy enough that they've had a cancellation. If these guys don't have anything...They'll know if someone else does.

http://www.d-ray.com/guidebiography.htm
    http://aktroutfitters.com/

I've used these guys: http://kenaicache.com/

If they don't have an opening, go in there and get outfitted with an assortment of 6mm beads and go fish quartz creek and the russian on foot. You can catch just as many fish doing that as you can in a boat. They should be able to show you what beads are working right now.

Thanks very much for your help GirlsFish2 and Limon32. I appreciate the information you provided. I will check the suggested sites and hopefully one can take us out fishing. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by hamid View Post
    Thanks very much for your help GirlsFish2 and Limon32. I appreciate the information you provided. I will check the suggested sites and hopefully one can take us out fishing. Thanks again!
    Post pictures! Not sure what all the rain has done up there but we did ok last weekend, not spectacular but good enough to keep us fishing!

Thanks again Limon32 for your help. Unfortunately between my lack of planning and the weather I do not have any pictures to share. I will definitely do better planning if I get to visit Alaska again.