Thread: Happy dog

Default Happy dog

Dav & Ruby.jpg

Forget the dog toys and my birthday-this is all it takes to make Ruby and me happy!
    Ruby at the end of a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by TriIron View Post
    Dav & Ruby.jpg

Forget the dog toys and my birthday-this is all it takes to make Ruby and me happy!
    Nice bunch of ducks, what general area do you hunt at. Bud
    Wasilla

Quote Originally Posted by akblackdawg View Post
    Nice bunch of ducks, what general area do you hunt at. Bud
    Don't mean any disrespect here and I hope none is taken but we worked pretty hard to find this area and then another year figuring out how to hunt it. We see very few other waterfowl hunters and we frankly want to keep it that way. I know you only asked about a "general area" but on a forum open to the entire world that would almost certainly give a lot of folks insights that it took us a lot of work to learn. I have and will continue to share what we have learned with other waterfowlers that I know and can trust. But an open forum is just not the place.

Default Happy dog

You'll find hunting that good bud. Which weekend again?
    It's not skybusting if you fold em'.

Don't mean any disrespect here and I hope none is taken but we worked pretty hard to find this area and then another year figuring out how to hunt it. We see very few other waterfowl hunters and we frankly want to keep it that way. I know you only asked about a "general area" but on a forum open to the entire world that would almost certainly give a lot of folks insights that it took us a lot of work to learn. I have and will continue to share what we have learned with other waterfowlers that I know and can trust. But an open forum is just not the place.
    Yep, there aren't a lot of secrets out there these days and if you work and find a spot you gotta keep it. I know most guys are trying to be helpful with others posting reports and pictures but if you like what you have, it is best to keep quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by yukon View Post
    Yep, there aren't a lot of secrets out there these days and if you work and find a spot you gotta keep it. I know most guys are trying to be helpful with others posting reports and pictures but if you like what you have, it is best to keep quiet.

Unfortunately, that's true. If I post pictures, they're usually of birds on a tailgate or the bow of a boat. I don't much like showing the surrounding area because too many people use sites like these just to figure out where birds are and then head right to your spot. It's a shame, but with all the good things that come from a site like this, there are several bad things, as well.

Also, even if I trust a guy, I'd much rather send him a PM or a text/phonecall than post it anywhere.

Default Happy dog

Not a bad idea.

Lots of internet scouting. I just looked at the bottom of the forum when I got online and saw there there were 3 members and 15 guests viewing the waterfowl forum.

Actually I edited the background in my photo. We were hunting the park strip (the western side near C Street) and I didn't want to have all those building in the background and give away my secret spot....

Actually I edited the background in my photo. We were hunting the park strip (the western side near C Street) and I didn't want to have all those building in the background and give away my secret spot....
    So you're the @$$hole that set up 100 yards away from us!!

good job man..nice bunch of birds and good looking dog..I know he had a blast
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by DucksAndDogs View Post
    So you're the @$$hole that set up 100 yards away from us!!
    Our bad! We thought you guys were just setting up really early for a frisbee golf tourment. We wondered why you were all in camo with headlamps.

Our bad! We thought you guys were just setting up really early for a frisbee golf tourment. We wondered why you were all in camo with headlamps.

Well don't let it happen again or I'll call the troopers. And for the record, we won the frisbee golf tournament AND killed our limit.

Quote Originally Posted by DucksAndDogs View Post
    Well don't let it happen again or I'll call the troopers. And for the record, we won the frisbee golf tournament AND killed our limit.
    I would expect no less from a Platinum member!

I would expect no less from a Platinum member!

I actually played number 16 with a teal deke rather than a frisbee.

HAHAHA - thanks for the laugh guys. Got my coworker looking at me strange now.... I have to pretend that outburst was work related... -Gr
    My signature is awesome.

One of those lurkers is me. When I am at work I am not allowed to log into my AOD account, so I just read the stories without logging in. So in reality, there were 4 members and 14 lurkers (ahem guests) viewing. And yes, I am trying to find out where that spot is over by C street!
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Default Happy dog

I'm not a lurker!

Nice bunch of birds!!!

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer56 View Post
    One of those lurkers is me. When I am at work I am not allowed to log into my AOD account, so I just read the stories without logging in. So in reality, there were 4 members and 14 lurkers (ahem guests) viewing. And yes, I am trying to find out where that spot is over by C street!
    Well, I've got the double-edged sword here at the office: they don't care too much how I structure my day; I just need to get my work done. So yeah, I can fiddle through the forums for two hours in the middle of the day if I want... but then I end up staying until 9:00... -Gr
    My signature is awesome.