Thread: Any water at Maude?

Default Any water at Maude?

Hey guys,
    I haven't been out yet this year and I'm wondering how the water level is at Maude. Last year there was almost nothing. How is it now? Is the big boulder under water?

Thanks,
    JM

More water than I have ever seen.

Theres so much water out there that I think it has actually ruined the hunting. I've never had such horrible shooting out there I can remember over the last 15 years. I went out there 3 times earlier in the season and it was a total bust each time.

How much of the big rock in Mud lake is sticking up above the surface?

Quote Originally Posted by AK Ray View Post
    How much of the big rock in Mud lake is sticking up above the surface?

Maybe 4"-6". Someone put a bouy beside it because it's tough to see when you're running.

Thanks guys. Years ago you could run an outboard out there. I miss those days. Too much water? Maybe. I'm taking my son out for his first duck hunt and just wondering if it will be easy traveling. Success can be measured in many different ways.

Good hunting,
    JM

Quote Originally Posted by Huntin Dawg View Post
    Thanks guys. Years ago you could run an outboard out there. I miss those days. Too much water? Maybe. I'm taking my son out for his first duck hunt and just wondering if it will be easy traveling. Success can be measured in many different ways.

Good hunting,
    JM

I honestly don't think you'd have a problem running an outboard out there right now. It's pretty deep. I threw out some dekes from the boat on Saturday and would have filled up my waders if I'd tried to retrieve them all by hand. Don't take my word for it, but I think an outboard would be fine out there this year, so far, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by DucksAndDogs View Post
    I honestly don't think you'd have a problem running an outboard out there right now. It's pretty deep. I threw out some dekes from the boat on Saturday and would have filled up my waders if I'd tried to retrieve them all by hand. Don't take my word for it, but I think an outboard would be fine out there this year, so far, at least.
    I have a little 3 hp air cooled kicker that I plan to use on my little jon boat. We should get around fine.

How about the Hay Flats, any more water in there this year?

JM

lotta water, sketchy birds today...9/20

Sounds like there is more water falling from the sky now and will continue to..from the looks of the weather and the washouts north and south..water is the least of your worries..finding the ducks is going to be the challenge.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Was out there today and the water is quite high. The road back in was starting to develop some bad washouts with a nasty sinkhole growing right where the gravel begins off Maud Road. The ducks were a liitle scarce but we managed to bag a few.