Thread: Duck Lake Boats

Default Duck Lake Boats

Would a 11' crawdad and a 4hp work for getting around in the lake? Havent been there and cant take the big go-devil, cant have too many boats.

air cooled motor is best, weeds will block water supply for water cooled motor. Bud
    Wasilla

You need a 6.5Hp longtail Go Devil and a 1440 riveted boat. I know where you can get one. Duckdon

no it will not...you will fight it as Bud stated..either longtaill or surface drive. I have seen others out there with them..but they were moving faster with poles and the wind then with their motor..

Craigslist has some motors and boats for sale..might get another boat for ducks.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Will a 6.5 go devil provide enough push to get two guys, a dog, and minimal gear back up the knik to the bridge ?
    The perils of duck hunting are great - especially for the duck. Walter Cronkite

That big go devil will get you into any spot you want on the Maud Road lakes. DL gets too much pressure this time of year anyway. Best to wait it out until all the fair weather duck hunters feel it's a little too cold to sit out there in the wee hours of the morning.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Quote Originally Posted by akdodger View Post
    Will a 6.5 go devil provide enough push to get two guys, a dog, and minimal gear back up the knik to the bridge ?
    Yes, but slow. What do you want to do with it and where? Duckdon

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer56 View Post
    That big go devil will get you into any spot you want on the Maud Road lakes. DL gets too much pressure this time of year anyway. Best to wait it out until all the fair weather duck hunters feel it's a little too cold to sit out there in the wee hours of the morning.
    Duckslayer56 nailed it.

I have an 11' hybrid that had a yamaha 4hp 2 stroke. I did great with me and the dog and decoys in the boat. Trick is to get on plain and you can make it all the way across DL. I was actually surprised how good it did.

Quote Originally Posted by DEMainah View Post
    Would a 11' crawdad and a 4hp work for getting around in the lake? Havent been there and cant take the big go-devil, cant have too many boats.

Quote Originally Posted by akdodger View Post
    if that is all you have, i would use the rabbit slough route, Bud
    Wasilla