Thread: Bait Barrel ?

Default Bait Barrel ?

Hello

I have just got stationed here at Fort Richardson, I was wonderin if anyone knew of a place to get a cheap metal drum to make a bait barrel here around anchorage or in the valley. I am completly new to this I have just to the online class and am in the process of researching some areas for the spring.

Default Bait Barrel ?

Check Craigslist

There are a couple guys in Wasilla that always have ads on craiglist and they are pretty cheap right now.

Thanks Bronco I looked on craigslist and sure enough I found barrels.

go by the oil change places and ask. More times then not they will try to get you to take more than one! They have to pay to get rid of them usually.

then the car wash; degreaser and good rinse. If going to use next spring, start a fire in it and then leave outside all winter to remove "scent". Paint outside of it if you want, but the rust is pretty good camo.

Chris

Hey, I am also stationed at fort Rich and will be redeploying here in a few weeks. I am planning on setting up some bait sites myself for the spring. Let me know if you want any help or need a hunting buddy. Feel free to shoot me an EMAIL kdemm89@gmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by awhx4 View Post
    Hello

I have just got stationed here at Fort Richardson, I was wonderin if anyone knew of a place to get a cheap metal drum to make a bait barrel here around anchorage or in the valley. I am completly new to this I have just to the online class and am in the process of researching some areas for the spring.

Craigslist, sometimes in the free section there will be ads for barrels. Or there is a couple guys who sells them fairly cheap on craigslist, actually just bought a burn barrel from one in Wasilla last week.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by akgun&ammo View Post
    go by the oil change places and ask. More times then not they will try to get you to take more than one! They have to pay to get rid of them usually.

then the car wash; degreaser and good rinse. If going to use next spring, start a fire in it and then leave outside all winter to remove "scent". Paint outside of it if you want, but the rust is pretty good camo.

Chris
    Good call. Start a fire in the barrel, once it's hot dribble some cooking oil around the inside of the barrel and on the fire.

Just ran across this free ad, not sure if there is any left though
    http://anchorage.craigslist.org/zip/3272679494.html

Keep an eye out on Craigslist. The is a guy in Wasilla that sells bait barrels in the spring way before season opens. He does a great job with them and they are brand new for 35$. cant beat the price and keeps eveyone straight.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Wow, whole bunch of posts deleted off here. Wonder why that is?...

Probably thought Someone might go gank barrels from the motor pool. Who knows

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    I think they were intimidated.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    I think they were intimidated.
    yeah thats what I figured but as a kick ass PFC I don't care!

Default Bait Barrel

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post

If I remember correct, there weren't any. Had to wait until we got back. HAHA

Well well, we got us a bunch of comedians here.....No there was no intimidation, didnt feel like getting a lecture again lol, 323 if your a PFC now you must have sent the wrong person to Ft. Polk and really pissed them off....stangracer there is more than one way to skin a cat just have to go about it quietly lol
    "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
    Thomas Jefferson