Thread: Ruffie report for 14 SEP 2012

Default Ruffie report for 14 SEP 2012

Got out early at about 500 northeast of Fairbanks with Toby. We got back to a nice young aspen stand I had run into on Tuesday. I focused primarily on the edge of that and some more mature aspen stands that bordered it. The more mature forest had a greater quantity of rose hips and high bush cranberries. It is my firm belief that the ruffies are roosting in the more mature forest at night as well as feeding there and hiding our in the thicker young aspen stands and alder groves based on what I saw of their behavior and what I pulled out of their crops. I saw about 15 ruffies heard another 10 or 15 take off and shot 5 letting the younger birds fly in order to give my pup another chance to bump them. In addition to the five ruffies I harvested another two spruce hens at the trail head. I'm proud to say Toby did his part and he grew to love the doing of the shotgun. All in all a great morning! I will try and post pictures momentarily! I also dissected the crops from the ruffies and took pictures of the sorted contents. Happy hunting!

Great report, look forward to the photos when you get loading up figured out. Your really on your way with the new pups!!
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

I give up on trying to post a picture! Here is a link to the shutterfly share page my wife set up for me:

http://alaskahunting.shutterfly.com/pictures/8 (pics from todays hunt so far)

If you want the pictures of the crop contents from the ruffies PM me, or email me at zac.d.miller@gmail.com

*the sound of a shotgun* gotta love auto complete on the IPhone!