Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glenn's Wild Game Processing

Thumbs up Glenn's Wild Game Processing

My wife and I generally do our own grinding, and when we want hot dogs or sausages we generally go through Alaska Sausage. When she got a black bear last Saturday, though, we considered different options. We knew we wanted some bacon made from Indian Valley (a friend had shared some from his spring bear, and it was excellent), but a friend suggested a different option that we hadn't previously considered. He told me that Glenn's Wild Game Processing makes bacon burger out of bear meat. Basically, instead of grinding fat into the burger, they instead grind bacon ends into the burger. We decided to go with just over 20 pounds of that in addition to our bacon order at Indian Valley. We had our first bacon burgers last night, and, to put it simply...WOW! It is simply awesome! Better yet, Glenn's turn-around time on our meat was less than 24 hours. We dropped off the trimmed, boneless meat at 6pm on Wednesday and they called to tell me that the product was finished just after noon on Thursday. Their service was incredible, their prices very reasonable, and the product is awesome. I've never previously used Glenn's, and while we still intend to do most of our own processing and grinding, I'll certainly be using Glenn's again in the future. Great people, great business, great product.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

+1 for Glenns. He does a great job!!!!

Glenn does great work, used him when I used to live in Anchorage. Always got my meat back and very quick turnaround. Might have to try out his bacon burger, sounds amazing.

I have let Glenn cut my meat since he was working for the shop on Northern Lights a dozen or more years ago. I have called him on Sunday night from the airstrip and he let me bring meat in LATE.

The only "issue" I ever had was telling him to let the meat hang for a week and him calling in 3 days to pick my meat up. He needs his freezer space rotating.

The guy knows meat and is just a great person. Plus he has my picture on the board!
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

I'm a huge fan of Glenn's. Wish he could do cooked/smoked sausages. We always take bears in to be ground into chorizo. Just took in some bear and an old moose roast to make room for this year's moose. Mix that chorizo with burger and you get a spectacular meat loaf.

Another huge fan of Glen's.....was hoping to keep him a secret though so he doesn't get too back logged when I need something done, LOL!!
    Try his Chorizo, AWESOME! As was stated, 24 hr turn a round time is great.
    BK

Default Glenn's Wild Game Processing

Was he ever located near King Street/76th and Old Seward?
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I've had his spicy Italian bear sausage and am very happy with it! A return customer here
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Glenn was full up on game but I'll be bringing in some bear when the time is right.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

My mistake was telling a guy in Galena about Glenn. Unfotunately for all 3 of us Glenn thought my clean meat was part of the other guys dirty maggot infested junk. I got the riot act, I lost a good prrocessor. Back to Mat Valley or Pioneer. all three are good.
    Louie

Dang that is too bad... I don't know who else to trust with my meat, hope I never get the riot act read to me...

I've been using Glenn and Darla for many years too. When I dropped off my moose the other day, I told him about this site and all the talk about his place. He was really excited and wants me to show him the site now. I believe he is the best/cleanest place around and has a really quick turn around. Yes he will give you the riot act if you give him dirty meat, but ya have to understand his thinking. If you bring dirty meat and he processes it, first it dirties his equipement, second, if you give away some meat and it's dirty, then they assume Glenn made it that way, therefore ruins his reputation. Picky? Yes, but well worth it. I'm going to help Glenn and Darla with getting signed in here and advertise if he wishes.

Also, he does more than wildgame in the winter. He does fish all summer long too.
    Rob
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Good deal, Rob - I'm glad you mentioned it to him. I thought about mentioning the site when I dropped off our bear meat, but I didn't want it to sound like an advertising pitch.

I'm itching to find another black bear this fall, as the posts above have me excited about the chorizo.

I stopped by today and talked to him about it again. I also sent him an email with the link and he's gonna check it out.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

I've used him several times with great results. However, if you say you can take someone's stuff, have them load it up, then when they get there say, oh, I dont' have room. Well.................
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Quote Originally Posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
    I've used him several times with great results. However, if you say you can take someone's stuff, have them load it up, then when they get there say, oh, I dont' have room. Well.................
    Are you saying that is what they did to you?
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by tboehm View Post
    Are you saying that is what they did to you?
    Yes, On Thursday.

Glenn's been really great over the years. He's just too busy, but that's not an excuse. We were pretty torqued over it tho after going through all the effort, and hearing just hours earlier that we had a spot.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Another thumbs up for Glenns. Take all my meat there and like was mentioned above the bacon burger is great.

Couldn't wait any longer on my bear so I boned it all out, wrapped the roasts and vacuum packed the rest for burger/sausage to drop off with Glenn when he has time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    ....I've never previously used Glenn's, and while we still intend to do most of our own processing and grinding, I'll certainly be using Glenn's again in the future. Great people, great business, great product.
    I can't say that I've tried Glenn's products ... but if you're doing your own grinding already .... its a simple step to grind bacon into the burger. Or is he using a special type of bacon?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast