Thread: ITP Mega Mayhem

Default ITP Mega Mayhem

I have an Outlander 1000 and need to get some tires that really hook up so I can use its power when I hit heavy mud/muskeg and not beat me to death on hard pack trails. I was considering the Mega Mayhem, Outlaw 2,Mudzilla or Silverbacks in 28" size. I'm just not sure what one to go with. Any Ideas?

I would go with the regular zillas . There nice and light so they don't rob much power and hook up well. This tire is voted best all around tire for Alaska on the many atv forums that I read.
    Owner of Bear Mountain Meats Game Processing .
    907-745-4756

Check the weights of four Mega Meyhems. They are heavy!

The Zilla's are the lightest of the bunch for sure and a good choice, but I'm not sure the tread depth is enough for the amount of power the machine puts out. All the other tires are about 9 pounds heavier, but I doubt the 1000 will notice much of a difference aside from breaking axles! The 26" Carlisle ACT stock tires that came on the machine are worthless.

x3 for zillas

You might look at the Swamp lites. Surprisingly good in the mud and excellent on everything else. My only concern with them is wear, they are soft. I've got the Silverbacks, great in the mud or soft stuff, scary on hard pack.

I ran 28" Swamp Lites on my Honda Foreman 500 S and put 2000 miles on them before I sold the bike. I noticed "some" wear on the edges of the lugs but nothing that would affect the performance. They were great on hardpack, asphalt, gravel roads, but also worked well in the mud/muskeg as well as for the rock crawling we did in Cordova. I would buy them again for an all around tire but would look elsewhere if you're wanting a dedicated mud tire. Unfortunately anything that works "good" in the mud isn't going to be a fun ride on the hard pack!!

ITP mudlites are DESIGHNED to also have good manners on hard pack. Get the deapest treaded ones, i think they are called XXL mudlites. I hate wheelers that you can "feel" the tire fall evey time it "jumps" from lug to lug. It is like it beats the CRAP out of you!