Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 Day Armorers Course for AR-15/M4 Platform

Thumbs up 2 Day Armorers Course for AR-15/M4 Platform

ALCON, My buddy and fellow gun enthuesiest is wanting to come to the Anchorage area in December (shooting for the 2nd week) to put on a 2 day armorers course. This course is for the AR 15/M4 carbine platform. For those of you that are frequent visitors of other gun forums (carbine dot net, m4 dot com etc..) he goes by the screen name Iraq Gunz.. Currently he is working with Sionics Weapons Systems and is traveling throughout the lower 48 putting these courses on for local law enforcement departments. Class fee is $400 per person but, he said he would hook us Alaskans up with a $50 dollar discount. Some basic Armorers tools will need to be purchased which I have a list with links to the best places to source them. We need to get about 15 students for this to happen and also need to find a good place to host this class. Any serious inquirers can pm me and I'll send you the course details and list of tools needed. This will be the most in depth/hands on armorers course for the price you will ever do... Some of the sweetest SBR's I have ever seen built, he built............. 2 Day Basic Armorer Course : Course Cost is 400.00 per personSionics Weapons Systems is proud to bring you the 2 day armorer course designed to cover the AR15/M4 family of weapons. Unlike many course that are restricted to law enforcement or military Sionics believes in the right to bear arms for all law abiding citizens. Course Overview: This class will be taught using various media sources (videos, powerpoints and pictures) as well as well as hands on. All personnel will need to provide their own AR for the course. At the conclusion of the course all students should be able to assemble a fully functional weapon from parts. In addition they should be able to recognize common malfunctions and be able to troubleshoot issues that are frequently encountered. The course will conclude with all students taking a written test as well as hands on test which will include the complete disassembly and reassembly of the weapon followed by a functions test. Day 1:• Introduction to the AR15 platform, its’ history and cycle of operation.• Parts breakdown and nomenclature.• Required tools and equipment needed.•Basic Disassembly and reassembly. Day 2: •Overview of day 1.•Inspection criteria.•Troubleshooting.•Complete and detailed disassembly and assembly of weapon. Written test and certificate issuance. Instructor Bio: This course will be taught by a veteran of both the U.S Army and U.S Coast Guard who has over 20 years of experience using the AR15 family of weapons. Having completed a deployment to the Middle East in support of operations Iraqi and Enduring Freedom in 2005, he entered into the private sector working in Iraq and Afghanistan as an armorer/ instructor for several large private military companies supporting the Department of Defense and the Department of State. He has attended and completed numerous factory armorer courses from such companies as Beretta, Barrett, Colt, Dillon Aero, FNHUSA, Glock, Knights’ Armament, Remington, and SigSauer.

***bump***

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

It sounds like those ARs are "High Maintenance>

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

I don't understand this statement?

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    It sounds like those ARs are "High Maintenance>

Smitty of the North

Smitty, stay in your lane They aren't high maintenance, they are extremely adaptable with endless choices in accessories, barrels, etc. The beauty of the AR15 is that you can build what you want. To do it right, though, you should have quality instruction. Just like a bolt gun. There is room for everyone at the firearms table.

Frankly, my AR15 has more rounds down range now than every single bolt gun I own...combined..without a single failure. That amount of volume requires maintenance and the guy listed above really knows his stuff.

I'm in for the class if he can come to Alaska.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Sounds good. He told me he wants to offer the type of training that other companies only offer to military and law enforcement. I think it's awesome. Need about 15 people. So far there's 6 interested. I also need to find a place to host this that can fit up to 25 people. If I can get enough people, I might just rent somewhere on my own dime. This guy is as knowledgable as they come...

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Frankly, my AR15 has more rounds down range now than every single bolt gun I own...combined..without a single failure. That amount of volume requires maintenance and the guy listed above really knows his stuff.

I think I’m in depending on dates and all. For a place try the indoor range in Palmer.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

There will be 25 of us at a Redback One carbine class at the end of the month. I will bring it to their attention and send them to this thread.

I am really interested in this class but need the dates, as i'm a sloper. but I would definatly go....

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrummy View Post
    I am really interested in this class but need the dates, as i'm a sloper. but I would definatly go....
    x2, second week in Dec. looks bad for me though...

I'd be interested, pending dates as well
    '04 Hewescraft 24' Searunner
    200hp Honda 4stroke
    + multiple other 'toys'...

My brother and I are in we just need dates and a place to send money.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Smitty, stay in your lane They aren't high maintenance, they are extremely adaptable with endless choices in accessories, barrels, etc. The beauty of the AR15 is that you can build what you want. To do it right, though, you should have quality instruction. Just like a bolt gun. There is room for everyone at the firearms table.

I thought they were unreliable. That would seem logical.

Two different ways of functioning, endless modifications, pieces and parts for improving them, many different cartridges to make them more powerful than the 223, AND, Armorers Courses. (For the Average Joe)

If theyre not "high maintenence" they're high something. Thanks for the info.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

3950 rounds out of my Daniel Defense M4V7 this year so far. Not a single failure of any type, even when used in winter when it was new. Dirt doesn't effect it. As with anything else, if you use crap magazines and crap ammo...you get what you pay for.

As with anything else, if you use crap magazines and crap ammo...you get what you pay for.

Wife bought me a S&W M&P15. Took it out of the box. Light lube with some lube that I don't even remember. Sighted in 2 days before a carbine class. 1200+ rounds in 3 days. Added Militec-1 during the class on breaks. Shot occasionally over the next 1.5 years. Shot 600 rounds in 3 day class, lubed with SLIP2000 Extreme Weapons Lube. Added EWL lube each morning. Had one failure to fire, a Rem/UMC .223 round that had a good firing pin impact but didn't go bang. Was fully in battery, so not a failure to feed or chamber. Ejected manually just fine, every other round fired; Bad round. Note that my rifle has not been cleaned.

Google Filthy 14, and tell me if any bolt action could be treated similarly and do as well.

And by the way, I'm checking on time off for the class. I'll PM for details.

If you can't make the class, here is a pretty good video: http://www.gunauction.com/news/index...d-maintenance/
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

HEY! I'm itching for dates on this!!

Default 2 Day Armorers Course for AR-15/M4 Platform

Oh talk dirty to me. Let's see the dates...

I'll rock the super non fancy DPMS with 2000rds and zero cleaning.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Guys and Gals,
    Sorry, I've been out of town for ever. The (tentative) dates we are looking at are going to be Jan. 5th & 6th or somewhere in the last week of January at the Crowne Plaza in Anchorage. I've changed the dates to one, allow people more time to plane and register, two, the first date was too close to X-Mas. I've spoken with the the trainer today and he said that he'll get me set up with a link for official registration in the near future. I've attatched the needed tools list and the Course Flyer... We are at 6 people out of the needed 10 (it was 15). Also, we are getting a $50.00 discount.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast