Thread: Wannabe...checking in

Default Wannabe...checking in

Howdy, all.

I'm trying to find a forum (etc) where I can hang-out and basicallly BS with like-minded individuals from 4,000nm away.

If this place is a good option for that, awesome!

If yall know of a more appropriate place for me to take my "wannabe" fascinations and endless questions....please give me vectors, and I'll clear your airspace and go annoy/amuse others.

Thanks,

Kinda rude of me not to introduce myself in that previous thread. Sorry.

I'm 43. 900hr C-MEL Corporate pilot. Right seat in lots of fancy corporate stuff. Primarily I fly left seat in a P-337 for a small law firm here in TX where our nearest "mountain" is almost 1500'msl (1800' towers on top of it) our nearest "real mountian" is 400 miles west at 6000'msl....still not even a hill by yalls standards. And clouds are so rare than when one is spotted, its like an air raid horn sounds as everyone runs to their planes in hopes of getting some actual time logged before it evaporates. And the only off-field operations I've had were...unintentional, noisy, and put me on CNN for 2 weeks. I've got a few hours in a Beaver, a Lake Amphib, a 206 on floats, and a Super-cub on floats.

All of which combine to mean that while I am still a beginner with a rudamentary grasp of flying....I'm clue less about, and fascinated by, the flying that yall do.

Watching yall vanish into low ceilings, surrounded by high mountains, makes my heart stop.
    And hearing tales of GPS being reliably UNreliable...just makes me cringe.

So I'd love to talk to folks who would like to give me insight.

thx again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vroooom View Post
    Kinda rude of me not to introduce myself in that previous thread. Sorry.

I'm 43. 900hr C-MEL Corporate pilot. Right seat in lots of fancy corporate stuff. Primarily I fly left seat in a P-337 for a small law firm here in TX where our nearest "mountain" is almost 1500'msl (1800' towers on top of it) our nearest "real mountian" is 400 miles west at 6000'msl....still not even a hill by yalls standards. And clouds are so rare than when one is spotted, its like an air raid horn sounds as everyone runs to their planes in hopes of getting some actual time logged before it evaporates. And the only off-field operations I've had were...unintentional, noisy, and put me on CNN for 2 weeks. I've got a few hours in a Beaver, a Lake Amphib, a 206 on floats, and a Super-cub on floats.

All of which combine to mean that while I am still a beginner with a rudamentary grasp of flying....I'm clue less about, and fascinated by, the flying that yall do.

Watching yall vanish into low ceilings, surrounded by high mountains, makes my heart stop.
    And hearing tales of GPS being reliably UNreliable...just makes me cringe.

So I'd love to talk to folks who would like to give me insight.

thx again.
    Welcome aboard, Vroooom !

Thanks, Griz.

Good to see someone's out there.

Heck Vroooom, you must be in the West part of the state. In the SE part, the highest ground for a hundred miles is a overpass!!

Of course we too have our radio towers......and we have a lock on the clouds 'round here!!

Welcome aboard and I will follow your questions and their answers!! Nosy cus that I am.

Love the Sig220. But I retired my G20 after packing one for a while and went to a 1911 cuz my wife likes hers and we wanna swap mags if the Zombies come knocking. hahahaha

But that's an entirely different forum.

Im Just outside of austin (aka "New California" grrrr ).

I hope to be FURTHER ouside of Austin eventually.

Wife and I had considered Seattle strongly. But they arent very friendly and I dont have much time for snobs.

Some pilots like shiney jets, some like heavy metal, some get excited by fighter planes.....I like em slow and ugly (Aircraft, that is)

Actually....I pretty much like anything with wings. But some have a special spot in my heart.

I have no interest in Airlines...too much political BS, Union vs management BS, economic shell-game BS, and just miscellanious BS.

I dont mind my corporate gig, but you know how grass is always greener on the other side of the....continent.

Always enjoy learning about stuff BEFORE jumping out there to repeat the mistakes of others. lol

On a side note, I have a couple of 1911's as well, hard to improve on that one!! I try to keep the same "nic" on any board I join leaves a few more memory cells open that way!!

As far as flying, I have to say our interest are about the same, first flight in a J3 had me hooked!! Some seasoned guys here (Griz-2, Float Pilot, Mr. Pid and etc). They have forgotten probably more then I will ever know!! There are a couple of ??? posters as well. Easy to pick out, and I am learning to ignore them. I have to admit that this site led me over to the Backcountrypilot.org as most of those guys are still low and slow for the most part.

Good Luck to you!!