Thread: Cottonwood creek

Default Cottonwood creek

Walked around a bunch today after school. Wasn't shooting the greatest. Ended with 3 spoonbills 2 mallards and a pintail. I did see some blue wing teal also. Which I have never shot. So imm looking forward to getting one! To bad I saw some guys as I was leaving sootng at swans those darn people.. I just don't get why they have to do that. But nonetheless it was a good hunt!

you ever eat a swan?
    Semper Fi!

should of checked em out, found out where they were parked, got some more info and passed it along to the troopers..just saying.

one that sits idly by and watches someone break the law and has the means to report it and does not..is just as guilty. my 2 cents on that..

Congrats on your own hunt though.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckhunter01 View Post
    should of checked em out, found out where they were parked, got some more info and passed it along to the troopers..just saying.

one that sits idly by and watches someone break the law and has the means to report it and does not..is just as guilty. my 2 cents on that..

Congrats on your own hunt though.
    Only reason I didn't was cause there was only 2 guys in there wih me and they were together, and I could see them when another guy way ou was shooting, but there wasn't a vehicle from him.

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    you ever eat a swan?
    And no I have not, are they good birds?

Quote Originally Posted by Birdhunter1997 View Post
    Only reason I didn't was cause there was only 2 guys in there wih me and they were together, and I could see them when another guy way ou was shooting, but there wasn't a vehicle from him.
    If he was 'way out' how do you know he was shooting at swans. Could well be he was shooting at ducks and the swans happened to be near by....unless of course you saw him drop a swan or otherwise hit one....sooooo based on what you have posted it is all just Hearsay.
    Be careful throwing your fellow outdoorsmen under the bus with flimsy evidence...esp on a public forum. Just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by Birdhunter1997 View Post
    And no I have not, are they good birds?
    i dont know i never tried to harvest them, but i figured they wouldnt be shooting them if they didnt taste good.
    Semper Fi!