Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Partner bailed!

Default Partner bailed!

On the eve of this years big hunt my partner bailed! Now I'm in need of a replacement partner, or ideas for a solo. I will not do my previously planned hunt solo due to money and the difficulties of the hunt. So if anyone has any ideas and/or time for a hunt please shoot me a pm! I have starting tomorrow afternoon through next Friday. I have amy legs and a truck (my buddies tundra that i cant offroad in) and im willing to drive up to 3 hours. Thanks in advance.

Default Partner bailed!

I guess I should mention I live in Anchorage and have a goat hunt in mind. I'll go solo but would prefer not too.

Default Partner bailed!

Really you only have two options. The Lake George or 20 mile registration hunts. Unless you have scouted it or have $$ to fly in you will spend the entire time you have off just trying to access Lake George on foot. 20 mile may be marginally more accessible but again you should probably have already scouted your access at this point. There is a reason they can have registration goat hunts so close to town and it's because those animals are darn hard to get to!

Default Partner bailed!

Already have a plan for twenty mile at this point... Just needing a partner or would like other options. Thanks for the info though!
    -Matt

Matt. The hard reality is that when your a serious hunter, partners will bail on you. Just don't allow the same guy to bail on your twice. I have done many solo hunts over the years and anymore I just plan them that way and if someone else shows up then we go together. Get a dog.......they never bail. Duckdon

Default dog

Quote Originally Posted by Duckdon View Post
    Matt. The hard reality is that when your a serious hunter, partners will bail on you. Just don't allow the same guy to bail on your twice. I have done many solo hunts over the years and anymore I just plan them that way and if someone else shows up then we go together. Get a dog.......they never bail. Duckdon
    are you allowed to even have a dog with when hunting for big game

Quote Originally Posted by NeckShot View Post
    yes, you just can't use it to pursue

Default Partner bailed!

Well I have a dog I would have taken a few years ago. And the thought is very appealing to me. Honestly I believe a lot of times my pup would be better company then most people (she doesn't talk/stomp/whine up the trail). But my little girl is to old now and has been showing signs of arthritis.

Back to the original posting my wife kinda of stole a few days back from me and we are going to take the family to Denali thanks to some friends of ours. ThenI have a few ideas I would like to play out. Thanks for the messages and If anyone is dying to tell me another spot I'm all ears! I promise I'll keep it a secret! Haha

Its probably better you changed plans to Denali, dont think I would take a Tundra on anything manly like a hunting trip anyways as they are more suited to stay on the pavement and stick to mall parking lots. lol
    "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Matt83 View Post
    Its probably better you changed plans to Denali, dont think I would take a Tundra on anything manly like a hunting trip anyways as they are more suited to stay on the pavement and stick to mall parking lots. lol
    Hmm....I'll be sure to wash the blood out of the back of my Tundra so that it fits in with what it's supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by NeckShot View Post
    No you can't have one thats why we all post pics of us out big game hunting with our dogs. Just enjoying teasing the troopers that much.
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Hmm....I'll be sure to wash the blood out of the back of my Tundra so that it fits in with what it's supposed to be.
    Folks the great white hunter has spoken....

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Folks the great white hunter has spoken....
    I am white, but I'm certainly not great. Mediocre at best, but I like my Tundra.

lol dont forget to take your skirts out of the back when your cleaning it
    "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
    Thomas Jefferson

"BrianM as Jerimiah Johnson"
    "They say he wanted to be a mountain man"

I am white, but I'm certainly not great. Mediocre at best, but I like my Tundra.
    Well my old 82 dodge with a straight 6 she is getting old... I can only dream of owning a fine truck like yours

Well my old 82 dodge with a straight 6 she is getting old... I can only dream of owning a fine truck like yours
    The old dodges actually had a slant 6..........My dad had one of those when I was young. Sure were good on gas.

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    The old dodges actually had a slant 6..........My dad had one of those when I was young. Sure were good on gas.
    A slant 6 is still a straight 6 and not a V6. Cool old engines thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    A slant 6 is still a straight 6 and not a V6. Cool old engines thats for sure.
    Well if I feather the pedal going up sheep mtn she does good I laugh as guys in them new ford f-150 drive past me sucking up gas... Don't get it just feather pedal

What about that manly little blue Focus you like to rock? When you are in the driver seat it makes you look bigger than you are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast