Thread: Horsepower restrictions

Default Horsepower restrictions

When did they lift the HP restriction for rabbit slough? Time to start burning some gas! I think I've burned enough calories jump shooting this year, and starting to wonder why I have a duck boat if I aint gonna use it.

Pretty sure I am right on this..but after August 15th you can run almost anything up RS. Problem is larger boats dont do well. Many larger boats that do run down it go out to CP and the flats or hunt up the river. This is a tidal area.

DL on the otherhand has a restiction on HP..believe it is 20hp. You can park your boat along RS and walk to many holes out there..just hope it is there when you get back and not on the bottom. The sides are very sticky and if the suction is just right and the tide come up..your boat will be gone if not properly rigged to alleviate the tide issue. On the otherhand..if you leave your boat there with a high tide and you come back and it is stuck in that stuff..good luck getting it in the water if it has any weight to it..might be there waiting on the water to come back up.

many stories on people that lost boats out there..prepare yourself.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckhunter01 View Post
    Pretty sure I am right on this..but after August 15th you can run almost anything up RS. Problem is larger boats dont do well. Many larger boats that do run down it go out to CP and the flats or hunt up the river. This is a tidal area.

DL on the otherhand has a restiction on HP..believe it is 20hp. You can park your boat along RS and walk to many holes out there..just hope it is there when you get back and not on the bottom. The sides are very sticky and if the suction is just right and the tide come up..your boat will be gone if not properly rigged to alleviate the tide issue. On the otherhand..if you leave your boat there with a high tide and you come back and it is stuck in that stuff..good luck getting it in the water if it has any weight to it..might be there waiting on the water to come back up.

many stories on people that lost boats out there..prepare yourself.
    X10 If you leave a boat on the slough you better know what your doing and /or have a back up plan. That thing eats boats. Seen it first hand more then a few times. The problem is when the tide go's out if the bank is steep that thing can flip over or just tip enough to fill up and most of the time the motor go's under. Then when the tide comes back in under it go's. Get's ugly real fast.
    Tide books are free pick up a few of them

Quote Originally Posted by AK DUCKMAN View Post
    X10 If you leave a boat on the slough you better know what your doing and /or have a back up plan. That thing eats boats. Seen it first hand more then a few times. The problem is when the tide go's out if the bank is steep that thing can flip over or just tip enough to fill up and most of the time the motor go's under. Then when the tide comes back in under it go's. Get's ugly real fast.
    Tide books are free pick up a few of them
    I have seen the tides sink boats that were improperly tied up on the Knik side, especially if the wind is going one direction and the tide is going the other, that is a big area and boats get backwards with the tide coming in and the wind in a opposite direction sinks the boats and then the tide takes them out toward the ocean. Not to mention getting stuck up on the banks and sinking them, been there done that!