Thread: Please pick up your trash!

Default Please pick up your trash!

Took a 2 hour walk tonight until the end of shooting hours looking to jump a couple ducks. I ended up shooting a snipe and a teal, but walked out with a pack full of garbage that I had found on the trail. Water bottles, pringles cans, shot shell hulls, dip cans, McDonalds bag, ect.

I guess being on foot really goes to show you what kind of slobs hunt the parking lot area of cottonwood creek. Please, if you pack it in pack it out.

I guess I will get off my soapbox now.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

The same people that drop trash out there are the same ones who shoot shorebirds and swans.

It just amazes me how these people have such a blatant disregard for the area and the birds. Didn't their fathers teach them anything when they were introduced to hunting. My dad would have whooped my butt for leaving all that trash out there. I don't even want to think about what would have happened to me if I had shot a swan. He probably would have destroyed me on the spot!
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Sounds like you and I had a similar Dad. My Dad would make us kids clean up the camp or parking spot when we got there..."not our trash we would exclaim!" "We will leave this spot cleaner that we got it" he would reply. Nobody argued with my Dad. Thanks for cleaning up after those guys!
    Jesse

duckslayer56, The clowns that dump all of the trash must be related to the morons that put 8 rounds into each one of the outhouse doors at Reflection lake . Must have been the smallest target that they could hit.

Quote Originally Posted by AK_Marine View Post
    The same people that drop trash out there are the same ones who shoot shorebirds and swans.
    I saw some of those guys shooting at swans this afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by Birdhunter1997 View Post
    I saw some of those guys shooting at swans this afternoon

I hope you reported them... some people only learn the hard way and shooting at swans is inexcusable in areas closed to swans. They cannot be mistaken for anything else and the shooters can't be mistaken for anything other than d-bags