Thread: Tire size question 07 Grizzy 450

Default Tire size question 07 Grizzy 450

I've got a 2007 Grizzly 450 that has stock front tires that are 25x8x12 and rear tires that are 25x10x12.

I'm wanting to put a little more meat on the wheels I've got. First can I put 26x10x12 tires on a 450 with out rubbing? Second, when I went riding with my buddy he has 10" wide tires on the front and rear of his machine. Seemed like he did better in the mud and rolling over rocks. Is this an okay thing to do? Wouldn't ask even but we have different wheelers.

thanks for the help!

Lots of info to search through at Grizzly Central forums.

That said you should be able to handle up to 26" without rubbing or over torquing your axle / drive trains. Assuming you are stock.

The 8's on the front help with control and steering. Can't imagine having to turn 10s on the front. Seen it just can't imagine myself doing it.

The ITP 589s are really nice for mud and snow. Others will say Zillas and you can go up to 27" as they measure about an inch smaller.
    One thing you will find about the Alaskan ATV community and tires......Opinions.

Good luck. I'm sure whatever upgrade you get will be a world of difference in your riding. Make sure the winch works to help any over-compensating the tires may cause

I dont run a 450, but I have a 550 with 26x10x12 on the front, 12's on the back. Steers fine. No rubbing. Mud lites. Wearing pretty fast but okay tires. Check out maxxis zilla in a 26x9x12. Great tire, light and a good upgrade from stock for mud/snow. I run 27's on my 700, 9's in the front, and 11's in the rear.

I have two 450 Grizzlys. If you put anything bigger than a 25" tire on it you will feel a drop in power and end up using low range a bunch more. I stick with 25" swamp lites and my machines go places they should never make it.

I dont have a 450 grizzly but a rhino 450, I spin 26" tires just fine, no real noticeable loss in power as these 450 rhino's are already geared pretty low. Can't imagine you have any rubbing problems with a 26x10, i'd think even a 26x12 on the rear would fit no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by big_country69wv View Post
    I have two 450 Grizzlys. If you put anything bigger than a 25" tire on it you will feel a drop in power and end up using low range a bunch more. I stick with 25" swamp lites and my machines go places they should never make it.
    Thanks for thst info, I was a little worried about that. Thinking (if I can find them) 25x9x12 fronts and 25x11x12 on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacherman View Post
    Thanks for thst info, I was a little worried about that. Thinking (if I can find them) 25x9x12 fronts and 25x11x12 on the back.
    Chaparral motor sports ships USPS priority to AK. zillas are on sale.

Chaparrel told me 25$ per tire for shipping...