Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Product: Light Weight Bino Harness

Default New Product: Light Weight Bino Harness

I just ordered one of these. I have never liked regular bino harnesses due to their wide straps and they make me feel like I am wearing a life jacket, but this things looks awesome and adjustable on the fly. Why didn't someone do this years ago?

http://rickyoungoutdoors.com/ryo-ult...-bino-harness/

I'm gonna give it a try as well!

I came into this thinking I wanted a new bino harness, but now I just want Lissa and Rachel!!

Got mine today! These things are GREAT!

I don't know about you guys but I usually have a pack on at the same time and that plastic adjuster between my shoulder blades is a concern. Also, the weight of your binos is now concentrated in a smaller area against the back of your neck instead of spread across your shoulders.

JM2C
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

I bought those at Barney's a year or two ago...

And your opinion on them...?

Quote Originally Posted by tyrex13 View Post
    I bought those at Barney's a year or two ago...

Quote Originally Posted by iusckeeper View Post
    And your opinion on them...?
    They work great. I use them on some 8x32 Vortex and some Minox 10x42. I don't think they would be very comfy for a large, heavy set. I'm a fairly normal sized guy, I wear a large T shirt and they fit good and can be made smaller. If you're an XXXL sorta guy, they might not have enough adjustment for you. They aren't really big enough to wear over outerwear, I wear them between my shirt and jacket. They're only like 20 bucks so worth a shot. I bought a set and liked them enough to buy a second set. Another bonus is they take up like no room in the backpack. Less than a nylon neck strap.

I have the same concerns Erik stated. It seems the round cord and big adjuster would be fairly uncomfortable when wearing a pack. I always have at least a camelbak on. And if they won't fit over outerwear, like tyrex 13 stated above, I'm not too sure they wouldn't end up on a shelf somewhere. I do like the concept though, just not sure they would work for me up here.

They are comfortable to wear under the pack, the round adjuster us up around the neck and is not an issue with pack use.

I bought a pair before my 2011 sheep hunt and love them. Very comfortable, and hold the weight of the glasses better than the elastic ones. I have gone through several of those and I always found myself having to tighten up the harness. Not so with these. Won't go back to the Crooked Horns as long as these are still available.

I have no affiliation with the maker of this bino harness. Here is an independent product review I wrote for this thing. These are really awesome

http://www.liveoutdoors.com/your-open-season/articles/167609-this-years-best-product

i dislike bino bra's in any form....i have to change layers way to often to want to mess with those things, i've got a system thats worked awesome for 15 years, standing there watching clients try to get their bino bra's on and off and untwisted and which clip goes where....
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

S4 Lockdown has done me good so far. But I don't gear up like an African safari guide either. Outer shell. Binos. Done.

If I'm packin, well, I ain't wearing. On the river, not really necessary to wear so they sit in an action packet under me arse.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    i dislike bino bra's in any form....i have to change layers way to often to want to mess with those things, i've got a system thats worked awesome for 15 years, standing there watching clients try to get their bino bra's on and off and untwisted and which clip goes where....

yeah not a fan either.. I hang mine in my pack and its works good for me.. Had a friend that has a pocket sewn in his shirt that works well for him..

i wear a button shirt and leave the top two undone and my binos ride right in there, warm, no fog, no brush, no straps and i can take them on and off as fast and as often as i want. the pocket sewn in is a great idea too....i find i wear the same shirts almost all the time i hunt.
    Master guide 212

i wear a button shirt and leave the top two undone and my binos ride right in there, warm, no fog, no brush, no straps and i can take them on and off as fast and as often as i want. the pocket sewn in is a great idea too....i find i wear the same shirts almost all the time i hunt.
    Keeps it protected with his natural man fleece liner.

I'm sure the harness is designed for the hundreds-of-thousands of lowly, average, joe-sixpack hunters who already wear harness systems, and not the elite, special and clearly more sophisticated hunters like you who feel the need to denigrate the product by calling it a 'bra.'

1) You don't understand how it works and it is just as fast as a neck strap.

2) If you have to peel so many layers, chances are good that the ole button shirt is not always handy.

3) The whole reason for pointing out this harness is that is totally different than any other harness.

4) Taking a dump on other people's efforts isn't considered being nice.

steppin' off here pac....

they orginal has been called a bra for a long time, i didn't pen that phrase nor is meant to be condesending, i was pointing out some of the reasons the other "bras" didn't work for me, if this new one that i don't understand is better and they've got it figured out, then this is a great place to point out how they changed it so its fixed and guys like me would be able to understand it and maybe even be intruiged enough to check one out.

Not coming down on your thread, not dissin' on this product your talking about, simply adding more to the wide strap bino harness (bra for us elite, special, and more spohisticated hunters...) that YOU SAID YOU didn't like.

adjust the attitude and reread my thread and you might even be able to find a way to translate it into helping promote the new product your talking about. re adjust and i can see how you'd come up with steps 1-4 you mentioned above. except step 1,step 2 and step 4. but step 3 is spot on!

and its only december...
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    I've heard the great BRWNBR doesn't even carry binos. Those are for lower 48 wannabes. He puts a chew in, squints his eyes and can judge a sheep from 5 miles away.
    Hahahahhaha, now that's funny!! LOLOL I can picture this in my head lol
    Grab a friend, a rifle and go hunt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast