Thread: Green bean yields 2011-2012

Default Green bean yields 2011-2012

How did some of you do this year compared to last year? My yields were a fourth of last years. Last year after all was said and done, five harvests, I got alittle over a pound per foot of row, with no ground cover.

I extensivly use (Contender), but since last year have been adding (Tendergreen) and the (Bush) to the mix. The Tendergreen variety takes about two weeks longer but the beans are beyond supermarket quality and have the cosmetic look to boot.

Have others had success with different varieties than mentioned?

Last year I grew Denali's "Provider" with great success, and although we ate most of them as fast as we picked them, we did manage to get a few pints put up in the freezer. this year to experiment I tried Burpee's "goldrush" didn't harvest one bean.. and now the frost has killed the plants, so they are now resting comfortably in the compost pile.

Ate a few, froze about 6 servings for 3.
    Blue lake
    Nothing like last years yield.
    Next year will be better

Default Provider

I used to use those, they are early, but I think the flavor and yields are not as good as the Contender from the same seed company. I tried some early Kentucky Pole beans, this year, in my shady greenhouse. As of now, all I have is 10ft vines with no flowers yet, supposed to be a 60 day variety. May have to scrap those next year.
    Mark